Looking for a developer to help with Krypton Back navigation
Read the conversation on the pull request.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hey again Null - looks like this got fixed, using your suggestions, if I am not mistaken!

I am quite new to this, how do I check out the code? Just do a new git pull on the Kodi Krypton repo?

Thanks a million for your hard work! This was quite a pain in the @ss. Not sure why more folks hadn't complained about it, lol

Cheers,
Ken
And thanks nichr - yes, I have read the pull thread and now understand. :-)
In the end my suggested code change was not correct. I was mistaken about the full history being built when return was specified. I though the history should not be build but in fact it is still built but not used.
The actual fix was to make sure the start directory was correctly set so when back space was used and the current path == the start directory the previous window was shown.
In the end it was a two line fix.

I testing this I also found that I needed to specify the plugin path correctly, it needed to have the / at the end of the plugin name. Read the pull request to see more details.

These changes have not been merged yet, the PR are still open, I believe they will be merged soon though. Keep an eye on the PR and when the status changes to merged then you can pull the changes from the Krypton or master branch.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/12050
and
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/12058
Thanks so much null, for your time and effort. I read the thread, thx! You may have been mistaken, but you certainly initiated the issue and got it resolved. :-)

And mad props to the devs that fixed the code: xhaggi and jenkins

Have a brilliant weekend, and thanks again!
Ken
(2017-05-06, 07:00)kenmills Wrote: Thanks so much null, for your time and effort. I read the thread, thx! You may have been mistaken, but you certainly initiated the issue and got it resolved. :-)

And mad props to the devs that fixed the code: xhaggi and jenkins

Have a brilliant weekend, and thanks again!
Ken

+1
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
yeah xhaggi nail it.
Jenkins too, he pretty badass
Hi I noticed you guys found the same back issue as me and tried the new kodi app which seems to fix the issue. I see it is kodi 18 alpha 1. Is this safe to use or does it have more bugs than the official v17.1 build? Is there a kodi android apk which includes this fix?
It is in the nightly, I did not know there was an Alpha.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for a developer to help with Krypton Back navigation0