KODI 17.1 PVR for TVHEADEND installed but won't run
This is a clean re-run as suggested by forum member nickr, after the initial thread was judged to be a Rule Violation due to suspect and banned addons having been loaded.
This was as a result of trying out the article "Watch anything on KODI" in "Web User" magazine issue 416, 8-21 Feb 2017
I apologise for this rather naive action and have now removed my whole KODI installation and re-installed it from scratch.

Steps to remove existing KODI setup:
sudo apt-get remove kodi
sudo apt-get remove kodi-pvr-hts
sudo apt autoremove
remove kodi stuff in home directory rm -r ~/.kodi

My hardware configuration is dual boot PC ubuntu 16.04 LTS and Windows 8.1 on separate hard drives.
TV adapter is a TBS QboxS2 (tbs5928) satellite receiver USB adapter.
Tvheadend 4.0.6 frontend (Astra 28.2E) This works fine and I can watch all channels directly from Tvheadend.
KODI 17.1 and kodi-pvr-hts 3.4.17

Problem is the PVR addon wont enable / run. See below.

The re-installation steps used: (as per "http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_for_Linux#Installing_Kodi_on_Ubuntu-based_distributions")
in my home user; (/home/richard)
sudo apt-get install software-properties-common
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install kodi
sudo apt-get install kodi-pvr-hts
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install kodi-pvr-mythtv (not needed but included for good measure)
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Ran kodi from my home user, selected "TV" from the main menu and got the message "You have not installed a PVR"
I then clicked the box "Enter Addon Browser" and got the addons List :
" X Tvheadend HTSP Client Adam Sutton, Sam Stenvall..... 3.4.17"
" X MythTV PVR Client Christian Fetzer...... 4.13.1 "
I selected Tvheadend and then configured the hostname to "localhost", HTTP port 9981, HTSP port to 9982 and pressed OK.
I could not select run. Is it supposed to be selectable?
Returned to TV and and got the same message "You have not installed a PVR"

The Log for this session is " https://paste.ubuntu.com/24485986 "

Note that both PVRs are preceded by "X" in the addons list. What does this signify? Should they be preceded by a tick?

Once again I apologise for my naive action in causing the dodgy addons to be loaded.

I would be extremely grateful for any suggestions on how to proceed, so that I can watch TV on linux.
This is an essential part of my plan to switch completely to linux from Windows.
You need to configure the add-on, then enable it. After it is enabled, then the PVR manager should load up. There is no reference to any PVR addon in your log, is it complete?

You may also want to update your Tvheadend installation. 4.2.1 is the new stable release build. 4.0.6 is very old, as it was replaced by 4.0.9 quite some time ago.
I'm using the TVH PVR installed alongside Libreelec and the latest version you should be seeing is 4.1.2415 as of today. (I've just checked for updates)

Run a check for updates on your addons, as from a clean install many may need an update.
(2017-04-30, 20:12)t2ffn Wrote: I'm using the TVH PVR installed alongside Libreelec and the latest version you should be seeing is 4.1.2415 as of today. (I've just checked for updates)

Run a check for updates on your addons, as from a clean install many may need an update.

I wouldn't use LibreELEC's version of Tvheadend as a baseline for anything. LE often lags in updating the versions they ship with their software, do not fully enable all features in the builds they produce, and because they ship such a minimal "just-enough" OS, getting additional software to run (such as grabbers that are often necessary for guide data for non-DVB systems) can be quite difficult.

Similarly, the problem I have with Debian and Ubuntu based distros is that their repositories often lag with updated packages, and finding official sources for up-to-date packages can be difficult.

Personally, I feel that OpenELEC (and subsequently, LibreELEC) shipping Tvheadend with their barely-a-real-OS distro of Linux was the worst thing to happen to Tvheadend.

Again, the problem seems to be with the OP's system, as the logs make no reference to any attempt to even load a PVR client. And without TVH's logs, there's no way to know if the problem is Kodi not sending the request, or if TVH is even receiving any data. (Or if TVH is even listening on the interface/address that you have configured pvr.hts to use.)
I am using TVH version 4.09, I have tried newer versions, but this one is the only one that works.

In kodi, try to update TVH, when I try that, there is nothing newer, I suspect because of the version of Libreelec I am running, 8.0.1

running HTSP client 3.4.23.1

I selected Tvheadend and then configured the hostname to "localhost", HTTP port 9981, HTSP port to 9982 and pressed OK

I assume you put in the user name & password?

Try typing the ipaddress & port :9981 into a browser, check if that works.

perhaps ask for help at https://forum.libreelec.tv/forum-15.html or https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-3416.html
SORTED!
My Fault. Stupid old git.
I was using the default (i.e. blank) user and password in the config!!

Its all working beautifully now.
PS I am using tvheadend 4.0.8 not 4.0.6 as I originally stated.

Apologies for wasting everyones time.

Can I delete this thread or does an administrator have to do it?
Yeah TVH uses a weird user/password config. When you first install it, dpkg creates a super super user account which is not displayed in the user config tab. Then it automatically creates an admin blank (*) account for configuring, but asks you to create a regrlar user account that has no config priviliges when teh wozard runs.

I gave up on these accounts, and created a proper admin account with password, and for kodi I created a regular user account with user/pass = tv/tv. I then use that account in the addon config page to create and delete all recordings. If you schedule a a recording with an admin account, it will be tagged as such and not visible in kodi.
I have the exact same problem... can you explain the thing with profiles, i couldn´t find any info for that via google.

i put on my nas local ip adress my master username... and can´t pass through 0% scan on kodi client

edit:

ok i see i have to create a user for streaming... can someone help on this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI 17.1 PVR for TVHEADEND installed but won't run0