Starting XBMC with Apple Remote
I tried this. The only thing it changes is that with the setting on, it will not start Front Row and vice versa. XBMC does not start. Or do I need to combine this setting with the script Albrox provided?
i was just concerned with not launching Front Row. i just have xbmc running all the time, so i didn't think/worry about launching it with the remote.
Ah. I thought that's what this thread was about Wink
SeatRider Wrote:Ah. I thought that's what this thread was about Wink

Hmm...Plex has a helper which is similar to XBMCHelper. It allows you to launch Plex from the Menu button of the Apple remote. I thought XBMC worked in a similar way? I recall starting it from the remote but perhaps I'm getting confused with xbmc on my ATV. Nevertheless, does the remote launch xbmc on a Mac?

philip
it's suppose to work but there have been reports of problems with launching xbmc. this is an active item on the dev list.
albrox Wrote:actually it´s so easy! at least on a mac.. I don´t know about the AppleTV.

Just an applescript is needed... i give you on real quick... can´t test it right now.. but tell me what you think:

repeat
tell application "System Events"
if exists process "Front Row" then
tell application "Front Row" to quit
tell application "XBMC"
launch
end tell
end repeat

This script checks if Frontrow is running.. what happens when you press the menu button of the remote. And if so, it quits and launches XBMC :-D

Does this script work? I can't get it to compile ( errors with repeat). Once you do get it to work do you then auto-start it at login?

More info would really be appreciated.

philip
any progress so far? is there an elegant way to manage this? i don't want to spend 20 euros on the remote buddy app...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Starting XBMC with Apple Remote0