Movie Sets: goods for shorts collections / movie extras?
For movies that are a collection of shorts, are Movie Sets a good way to display them as one movie? I rather not rename each short to match the name of the movie collection.

Also, some shorts are also included with a separate main movie. I initially thought I could create a set for that movie and just include the main movie and the short. But items in a set can't be in multiple sets so I can't have the same short in both the main movie set and the shorts collection.

And there are movie extras. I could include them in the set as well. Currently I use an add-on called Extras that shows a context menu item that will bring up a list of all items in an Extras sub-folder, but it's hard to tell if a movie has Extras or not.

But I've also heard that movie sets are going away, so maybe I shouldn't invest too much time in a dying process.
Movie sets will only work if your movies or shorts have been scraped into the library. So if you cant see them in the Movies tab of the main menu, then they won't be available to put in sets. The only other alternatives you have are the Add-on:Extras which you have tried, or creating nfo files.
You are also able to "manage" each movie and rename it's set manually by using the context menu from the movie library. So you are able to customize the movie sets in a very simple way and adding movies to existing sets is also done in the same simple way.
(2017-05-01, 16:56)badbob001 Wrote: But I've also heard that movie sets are going away, so maybe I shouldn't invest too much time in a dying process.

Where did you hear that?
Quote ronie: "Estuary is a giant piece of crap." Looking for a new quote. Ideas?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Sets: goods for shorts collections / movie extras?0