am i just imagining much better video with MVC vs SBS
I've had my raspberry pi running my Kodi media center for a while now. In the past, when I ripped my 3d blu rays to my hard drive, I would name them according to the convention in the wikis. "3d.sbs.mkv". However, after doing a bit of reading, I found out that apparently MVC can be used and I don't have to select SBS anymore. However, what I've noticed is a dramatic increase in video quality with the 3d using the name "3d.MVC.mkv".

Can someone be so helpful to explain to me what is going on here? It's not only the 3d that looks better, but the sharpness is better as well as the colors.

Thank you!
MVC (Multiview Video Coding) is giving you FullHD 1920x1080 for left and right eye

SBS or H-SBS (Half Side by Side) is only 960x1080 for left and right eye
thanks for your reply. so i'm not imagining this! good to know.
You don't get MVC quality just by changing a filename.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
@pulper111 do you have "Enable Full HD HDMI modes for stereoscopic 3D" in system/video settings?
I do have "enable full hd hdmi modes for steroscopic 3d" enabled.
regarding the change in file name, i know what you mean. I've dealt with people before who changed ".doc" extensions to a ".pdf" extension, and thought that this would make it into a PDF file. However, in this case, something else is happening b/c following the name change, the video improvement is dramatic and unmistakable. and it still plays, of course. Had i named it with a JPG extension, for example, i am doubtful the file would play at all.
actually it's all based on probing, so as long as the file shows up (ie the extension filter in the file list allows it), it would play just the same.
@ironic_monkey - i can see that i was wrong about my JPG comment. thanks for clearing that up.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
am i just imagining much better video with MVC vs SBS0