Forums and Subforums
Would be nice for a subforum of all the official 'SVN Skins'... this way itd only have 1 thread of each XBMC SVN skin, and the other forums could be cluttered with the skin questions, suggestions, other skins, etc ?

just giving some input is all
Having the most popular skins have their own forum is a common practice and would make it easier to read if you are only interested in one/few skins.
Then if you want to see what is going on 'specifically' with that skin you go to that forum and no hunting for topics you are interested in.

The general forum would have all the other discussion so you are no loosing anything, just gain.

Jezz must not use folders for his computer files... everything is in the root! Wink
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
I just hit "Get new posts" so I don't give a shit how it's laid out :p
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Team-MediaPortal seems to have good success with that sub-forums layout structure, see:
http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/skins-50/

PS! The main AEON skinning thread in our own skinning forum is now 250 PAGES(!) long, ...then there are more than one AEON threads as well.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
I would really like this to be made, think when the skins set off, this layout will never hold.

We really need subforums. Take a look at Aeon threads, created new threads yester day already a huge number of post.
Can I add to this the suggestion of having subforums for popular skins? I've had to branch the Aeon discussion into three threads to keep it manageable, which could become a problem if others follow suit.
I would go for this also...if nothing else it would save having to trawl through 5 Aeon threads to look at others....just my tuppeny's worth!
+1 vote from me. It makes things easier on end-users as well, since we don't have to look through multiple forum threads to find the thread for the skin we're using and then don't have to sort through 100+ pages in that thread for a response to a question.
agree, the forum structure needs an overhaul. and some replanning.
+1
I have set up a test forum, just for showing the structure (which can always be improved) .. dont mind the quick hacks to get the right looks, this will be looked into if we decide to set the forum up to somewhat this structure.

There is a need to tweak the templatefiles (which i did a quick hack at) also the vbulletin icon could be changed into something nicer.

If and when this happens, I am more than glad to set things up. Edit templatefiles, change forumstructure etc.

check it out: http://demo.vbulletin.com/
user: Demo5f9f
pass: a96a6f87
Looks fine to me.

I think we should implement a policy such that a bug is only a bug if it's in trac.

Feature requests can be in one forum, support is fine split up (many issues are with installation) and bug reporting should be encouraged to discuss on forum then report bug to trac, where it can be marked as platform specific or otherwise. Whether it's split up or kept in one forum doesn't really matter.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Forums and Subforums0