Video playing to fast in xbmc
I was having this problem under 7.10, but my sound card was not recognized at all. I installed linux-backports-modules and my sound card worked and my video played normal speed.
i've now changed it to only apply those parameters to iec958 if that is the device string. so if you use some custom device string it won't apply them. thou then you have to make sure it's a proper device string :/
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

It would be nice to have an option to tell XBMC not to mess with the audio device string you enter, either in the UI or as an env variable.

FWIW, when I was troubleshooting my setup, I tried mplayer and some other of the big Linux media players and they all worked fine with my setup. I dunno if they just have good code for picking a reasonable default or if they pull the information out of the gnome sound applet settings or what, but it might be worth looking at them to see what they do and ape it in XBMC.

Random aside: Hey, look, it's Gateway! Get JackRippr, DrDel, oldman and a few others in here and we can have a #Amiga! reunion.
new code works with my digital output set at default
Check out my posts on http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=30876&page=3 and see if that helps. Specifically you may want to add the following lines before running XboxMediaCenter.
I get the same behavior (no audio and fast playback without the following lines)

export SDL_AUDIODRIVER=ALSA
export XBMC_AUDIODEV=spdif
export XBMC_HOME=/home/ajay/XBMC/BUILD
./XboxMediaCenter -fs -q
virgink Wrote:Check out my posts on http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=30876&page=3 and see if that helps. Specifically you may want to add the following lines before running XboxMediaCenter.
I get the same behavior (no audio and fast playback without the following lines)

export XBMC_AUDIODEV=spdif
export XBMC_HOME=/home/ajay/XBMC/BUILD
./XboxMediaCenter -fs -q

Great! Thanks! That's the only way I get it working! The only thing I'm missing now is the menu navigation sounds, but as long as I can listen to music and have movies with passthrough, I can live with that!

Finally, XBMC for Linux is my default MediaCenter. Great! Laugh
I did the same but now I have lost the navigations sounds and still no music or video sound. Sad
Sorry, should have included this from my debug.log

ALSA lib pcm.c:2144Sadsnd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM ALSA
This happening in XBMC exclusively or no sound in Ubuntu in general? Can't really expect help here until your hardware is setup properly in Ubuntu.
I should have thought about my post a bit more. I have the HDA-Intel card that a lot of ubuntu users are having trouble with: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Gutsy_Intel_HD_Audio_Controller

However I got it working by following the help in that link. All sound in ubuntu 7.10 works fine now Smile

However in XBMC, I had sound from the menu beeps, but no sound from music or video files. I followed all the steps in this thread so far and after the last one, I lost all sound and still have the fast video play back too.
OK, I got the menu clicks back;

changing
to
export SDL_AUDIODRIVER=alsa

still not sound from the music of video though

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video playing to fast in xbmc0