Scanning for info
Hi, have set up a playlist and by and large it plays well. One thing that is annoying is that when I call up the playlist Kodi takes a long time, about a minutes or so , to scan for information before the list appears.

If I go to options to change shuffle or something, and then select go to playlist the same thing happens, usually twice.

My music library isn't all that large, about 150 songs in 1 playlist.

Note, the same does NOT occur in video

Any help?
150 songs is not a lot at all, so you can't be experiencing the known issue with a very large songs node being slow.

I suspect that you have not created a Kodi music library, but are just working in file view mode hence Kodi is scanning the embedded tag data everytime you visit the playlist. Videos don't have tag data (generally). I recommend that you scan your music into the library, the music lib has much more functionality than just a playlist.

Have a look at the guides listed here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=275558
Thanks, thought that was the answer, but it seems I have set up a library. I see no Enter files just rows of albums, recently played etc.

I set up the Playlist by going to Playlist and creating one as per instructions.

Perhaps I set it up incorrectly?

John

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scanning for info0