Use your iPhone as a XBMC for Mac OS X remote
Does anyone want to build this in to XBMC? If the built in XBMC webserver had some logic that would recognize the user agent, notice that browser is mobile safari and serve up a page custom made for iphone. That way you just point you phone to the IP of you computer and click away.
it's already done, no ?

http://tlrobinson.net/projects/xbmciphone/

or with remote buddy but you have to pay 18$
a native app would be much cooler
i hate the webapps
Agree, I also hate the webapps.. But that was just and experiment.
It would be best to get Apple make the bluetooth support better so you could use it as a bluetooth remote with an native app.
Now when I have unlimited EDGE I hardly ever turn the WLAN on and with EDGE the reaction time is some few ms too high :/

Bought a Wireless Apple keyboard for now, the only downside is that if XBMC is not selected you can't control it and neither switch with command+tab...
With the iPhone remote XBMC didn't have to be selected.. if I remember correctly
anyone tried this: http://www.touchpadpro.com/ ?
WOW thats a nice piece of software!
Just tried this out and I am really impressed! Control of the XBMC mouse cursor under linux is not possible but you can use the "Remote" function to control XBMC. I am only missing a "stop" button, for now I fast forwarded to the end of the file Wink
The media server looked kind of cool, and XBMC does support Media keys IIRC. should be examples in Keymap.xml

To bad it isn't a linux app (for me)
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Use your iPhone as a XBMC for Mac OS X remote1