Kodi Live TV information
I was wondering if the TVDB plugin extends to live tv to auto populate images, descriptions, etc. I like how the info automatically populates for TV Shows. Under Live TV I am using NextPVR with over the air EPG since that was easy for me to set up, but I was wondering if I could get more details in the Guide, genres, colors, cast info, images, etc? Thanks. I am running latest version of Kodi on Windows 10.
The over the air EPG in the US is pretty crappy. Most people switch to Schedules Direct, which gives the types of things you're requesting.
In short, no. The EPG information for PVR clients comes from your PVR backend. If your PVR backend supports additional information from TVDB and/or IMDB (such as MythTV does), then this extra information may be available to Kodi. But this type of information is separate from Kodi when it comes to Live TV/PVR clients.
Thanks. Do you think I should use MythTV instead of NextPVR as my backend?
Also, with the EPG it does seem to be totally fine if I manually click Update EPG, but then after some time (less than a day) it gets totally messed up and partially wiped out.
That sounds like a problem with your backend, not Kodi. As to whether you'd prefer MythTV, I can't answer that for you. Do some research about your particular needs, and I'm sure you'll be able to come to a conclusion about what would work best for you.
(2017-05-05, 05:42)ComputerSnack Wrote: Also, with the EPG it does seem to be totally fine if I manually click Update EPG, but then after some time (less than a day) it gets totally messed up and partially wiped out.
This is because they typically only broadcast about 3-6 hour of listings in US, which is next to useless.

Honestly, just do what everybody else does and get a Schedules Direct account (or use something like zap2xml).
This video shows you how to setup your Schedules Direct account in NextPVR:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqJ7QiYS3Rk
I set up Schedules Direct trial with NextPVR and kodi. It actually works really nicely. I like the additional info and the genre colors. I noticed that some genres are mislabeled. For example Amazing Race is showing in Black & White in kodi.Where do I adjust this? Is there a setting to manage genres? I checked the SD data and it's coming ion fine in the reality category as it should.

Second question is it'd be nice if the TV guide showed cover art, actor pics, etc like it does for downloaded movies and tv shows. How can I get this to work in the Guide now that I'm using schedules direct?
(2017-05-06, 17:53)ComputerSnack Wrote: I set up Schedules Direct trial with NextPVR and kodi. It actually works really nicely. I like the additional info and the genre colors. I noticed that some genres are mislabeled. For example Amazing Race is showing in Black & White in kodi.Where do I adjust this? Is there a setting to manage genres? I checked the SD data and it's coming ion fine in the reality category as it should.

Second question is it'd be nice if the TV guide showed cover art, actor pics, etc like it does for downloaded movies and tv shows. How can I get this to work in the Guide now that I'm using schedules direct?

The guide colors are managed by the skin, IIRC; if there's a problem with them, that's where the changes need to occur.

To the second, SD provides some of that info, but it is up to your PVR backend to use it. However, not much of that stuff is actually used by Kodi in the PVR clients. Just because your backend offers a feature, it does not mean that Kodi has the same features to map it to.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Live TV information0