Can KODI on Windows(NUC) let my TV do upscaling?
Hello everyone,

I have been using an NVIDIA Shield for KODI(SPMC) for a while now, but I decided to see if my NUC can replace it. So I got a NUC7i5BNH, that should be able to play pretty much anything?

So my question is, will I have the same problems that the NVIDIA Shield has with resolutions/scaling? I would prefer to just let my high end UHD TV do the scaling, but as far as I know, this is not possible on the NVIDIA Shield - will my NUC fix that?
Your TV panel has a fixed resolution, so sending it any lower resolution will force it to upscale to its fixed (native) resolution. So if you have a 1080p TV, setting your NUC resolution to 720p or 480p will allow the TV to upscale it to 1080p. If you set the NUC video output to 1080p, then the NUC would be doing any upscaling.
Actually the problem is more for higher quality stuff. I never watch anything below 1080p.
But if I set my NVIDIA Shield resolution to 4K, then my 1080p looks like crap. That is because the Shield(KODI upscalers) so the upscaling. However when I play 4K videos, there is no upscaling. And obviously the UI is nicest at 4K.

But when I set my Shiekd resolution to 1080p. My TV will handle the upscaling to 4K. But the UI looks like shit, and it almost always gives me problems with 4K content.

So I want my NUC to really give me the 4K UI and everything. But whenever I play anything, I don't want the NUC to do any scaling. I just want it transmitting the video at the native resolution, be it 720p, 1080p or 4K - so that my TV does any and all scaling.

Is that possible?
Anybody know if the NUC will allow me to output the actual resolution of content for any quality content and let my TV do all upscaling below my TV's native(UHD) ?
Noone?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can KODI on Windows(NUC) let my TV do upscaling?0