Can I control KODI with my phone?
Hi

I use Krypton 17.1 on my Windows PC, I have no remote control and was wondering is it possible to use my Android smart phone as a remote somehow? (Moto G on Android 5.1)

thanks
Shows you didn't really try and research anything. There is a whole forum dedicated to this.

http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116
Absolutely, and there are a couple of options in the google play store...

1. Kore, the "official" kodi remote is decent, but I prefer...

2. Yatse, which has a lot of very cool features to play with beyond basic remote control functionality.

Both apps are free, so I highly recommend you try them both and see which you prefer.

Note that your phone and kodi need to be on the same network for this to work, and I find it a lot easier to use if kodi always retains the same ip address so you may need to configure it statically or use a dhcp reservation to achieve this.
Or just point the web browser on your phone at the IP address of your Kodi device. The Chorus2 web interface (enabled by default, but if it doesn't work check you have it enabled in settings) can be used to control Kodi remotely.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
thanks for replies

sorted

thanks very much
(2017-05-08, 13:39)DarrenHill Wrote: Or just point the web browser on your phone at the IP address of your Kodi device. The Chorus2 web interface (enabled by default, but if it doesn't work check you have it enabled in settings) can be used to control Kodi remotely.
It can, but it's not fun with on a phone sized screen.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can I control KODI with my phone?1