Solved Song sorting by dates (TDOR, TDRC, TDRL) not just YEAR
(2020-04-29, 16:00)black_eagle Wrote: I've added it to my "Things to look into" list.
Thanks. Really appreciate it.

Quote:BTW, this also seems to be the case with video playlists which (using years) are also always sorted in ascending order to begin with.
Yeah, that's true.  I haven't seen anyone touch the video database in a while so I wouldn't know where to ask.

I am preparing for use Matrix, so I am doing my little mods on Estuary, which is why I made those nodes. It involves a lot of trial and error but I am getting there. Between the sources feature and your boxset feature, Kodi is very compelling for music. I wish it was supported in Media Import but even so, it is a joy to use.

Owing to the fact that most metadata for music is stored in the files, managing the music library in Kodi is much easier than videos. With music the metadata management is done on a pc with a mouse and keyboard and saved to the files. Not so with videos. Hence I prefer to use Emby for the videos.  Metadata management is done in the web interface. There is also the possibility to have separate video libraries but there are ways to achieve that in Kodi too, it's just easier with Emby.

I am using Emby for audio too, but it's main advantage was being able to have multiple audio libraries. Since that is not reproduce-able in Kodi, then the advantage is lost.

Thanks for your feedback.

Cheers,
LongMan
(2020-04-29, 17:31)LongMan Wrote: I am using Emby for audio too, but it's main advantage was being able to have multiple audio libraries. Since that is not reproduce-able in Kodi, then the advantage is lost.
I'm sure we have had this discussion before @LongMan, but anyway...
Kodi music library offers something superior to multiple audio libraries - multiple sources and source filtering. Smile
Unfortunately everything improted from Emby gets put under one source, but that really isn't Kodi's fault. So have a look at sources and source filtering again and see if you can come around to using Kodi straight for audio.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Song sorting by dates (TDOR, TDRC, TDRL) not just YEAR0