Slowness on large libraries - workarounds and ideas
@DaveBlake , do you also have my db in mysql? even in lan it takes a while to retrieve, have you tried this?
Yes thanks @marantz, it is a great test resource Smile
I have a version migrated from Jarvis, although I did wonder if you had ever scanned from scratch to create a new v60. And yes I have tried various things with it, including trying to convert to SQLite to compare perfromance. I have been looking for a convertion tool (MySQL -> SQLite), did some of it manually and that was tedious. The quotes in text field data are tricky.

When you say "even in lan it takes a while to retrieve" what do you mean exactly? I know it is slow, not doubting that, but not so clear on the lan comment. Of course although testing with MySQL I have it locally not on a separate server, so I am not seeing network effects. That can only make things worse.
Do you find .m3u playlists very slow to load? Whenever I try to load one, Kodi seems to load info on every item. For a playlist with 900 items, it seemed to take about 5 min for the playlist to display. For a playlist with 3,000 items, it must have been 10-15 min. I'm not using a slow system, it's an i5 Windows pc with 16 gb of ram.

Edit: As a workaround, I'm just going to repurpose the user ratings...will be able to create up to 10 smart playlists that way...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slowness on large libraries - workarounds and ideas0