v17 LibreElec - Force system to use UTC
How to force the system to use UTC ?

I need the time it displays on screen to be aligned with the time i use everywhere else.
Set the timezone in Kodi settings.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thank nickr,

The timezone however only has locations, closest to UTC is UK/London, However Londen is using DaylightSavings, and is currently UTC+1.

I have not found any static timezones like GMT, UTC, BST in the list. Or am i overlooking something obvious here ?
I don't know anything about Libreelec.

But on every Linux I know, the available timezones are stored in /usr/share/zoneinfo. And there exits a file UTC. According to the Arch-Wiki you should link the zone file to /etc/localtime.

The same you can do with timedatectl set-timezone UTC.
LibreELEC is a bit different to other distros as /etc is read only.

TIMEZONE is kept in /storage/.cache/timezone
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
last time I looked, timedatectl wasn't available on LE
(2017-05-09, 21:58)nickr Wrote: LibreELEC is a bit different to other distros as /etc is read only.

TIMEZONE is kept in /storage/.cache/timezone

Thanks nickr, how can i use that info to do what i wanted ? Make kodi use the UTC time ?
ln -s /usr/share/zoneinfo/UTC /storage/.cache/timezone

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreElec - Force system to use UTC0