Help using Directv with Kodi
Hello.
I have searched everywhere and have been unable to find an answer. I have a Raspberry pi 3 model b. Im running newest version of Kodi on it.I have access to a legit paid Directv account. If I go to Directv website i can watch shows there no problem. I am trying to find out if there is anyway i can add maybe the url that i watch Directv with on my desktop, to Kodi so i can watch the shows in my bedroom on my Raspberry pi. If this is not possible, maybe some help with another pvr. I set up the easy pvr and downloaded an m3u playlist, pu tit on a flash drive and pu tin my Raspberry pi. It loaded all the channels but im not getting any picture or sound. Is this because its a Raspberry pi? I am having the hardest time getting the tv function to work.
Ok so I still haven't figured out a way to get my DIRECTV account to kodi, but I did figure out what was wrong with the pvr. The m3u list I used was bad. I got a new play list and it kinda works. It has over 600 channels and I got maybe 5 channels to work and the guide shows the channels but not what's on. I'm pretty sure I'm getting crappy m3u files. If I can't get my DIRECTV to work is there anywhere to get good working m3u for the USA? I'm not trying to get something free, I'll pay a fee if I can't use my paid DIRECTV subscription, I'll still pay for another service. I just want to watch tv on my raspberry pi.
No way to get direct TV at the moment. Best bet is psvue.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2017-05-11, 02:37)bry Wrote: No way to get direct TV at the moment. Best bet is psvue.

Ok well ironic enough i also have a psvue account already lol. How would i add that to Kodi? Its not a reaL big deal as far as psvue goes though cause i have it on my Roku on same TV. I do have to swap inputs and launch it though so it would be nice to have it inside Kodi.
You could try this... http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...ight=psvue
Getting DirectTV streams from a website is not related to http://kodi.wiki/view/PVR in the context of Kodi, so this is the wrong sub-forum.

You want to move this discussion to Video Addons sub-forum instead => http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154
only way to watch directv via kodi is with chrome launcher and linking the channels
I have a Directv CHOICE account and I've been looking into getting some use with Kodi. Although there is no Directv GO equivelent addon for Kodi, I have been able to use my credentials to access a couple of sports channels with kodi addons. You do need to have a free online DirecTV account.

1. Fox Sports GO: Install from Kodi Reo, run and follow dialog instructions to activate.
2. ESPN3, all ESPN channels and premium content: Install from Kodi Repo, run and follow dialog instructions to activate.

These addons offer additional benefits: The FS1 NASCAR race allows me to switch between in-car cameras, ESPN has a replay library, etc.

If I find any other addons that work with the Directv account, I'll try to post them.

Does anyone else have any?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help using Directv with Kodi0