v17 Apple TV 4 add ons and skin issues
Bug 
Hi all,

I just purchased an Apple TV 4th generation and have installed Kodi on it through a paid Apple developer account (lasts 12 months). Installation was a breeze.

Now here come the issues...

When I installed Kodi 17.1:

I had installed the XONFLUENCE skin since i like the simplicity and customisability of the home menu and I like how I could make it simple since I had purchased the box for my grandparents who want to watch international live tv. I then went to create different menus for movies, tv shows, world tv, music etc... I installed all the addons that they needed and I go to test the live tv on one of the addons which is named AliveGR (Greek live TV) and the stream takes ages to start, after about ten seconds it finally starts and six seconds later the stream stops. I go to check all the other add ons and I am having the same issue with them as well. So I thought maybe it was a compatibility issue with the apple tv and maybe i should install the previous version of kodi.

When I installed Kodi 17.0:

I installed all the addons and everything seemed to work perfectly, the live tv was fine with no buffering or freezing at all like what was happening with kodi 17.1 and I was getting no wait times of longer than three seconds. But another issue arose. I couldn't install XONFLUENCE, not just because it wouldnt let me, but because no addon which actually contained the skin would actually display it on the screen. And when I tried to download it myself from the computer to the Apple TV, I was just greeted with an error message saying that I couldn't install the skin. I even tried installing other skins and I received the same error. It now seems that the skins are incompatible with this older version of kodi, or am I wrong?

So it seems like installing either build fixes one of the two issues, but not both. 17.0 has the issues with the skin, but the addons work just fine and 17.1 has the issue with the addons freezing after six seconds, but the skin works fine. I just need help on what to do as I am very stuck at this point and have tried literally everything to fix the issues.

Pls help! Thank you! Tongue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV 4 add ons and skin issues0