Kodi doesn't update my music library
Hi,

I tried to add a new Album into my music library. I tought, i could simply put the folder containing the mp3s into my Music folder, which is defined as my music source in Kodi and it will add it automatically when i update my library. Unfortunately, the new album didn't appear in the library. The log shows nothing about my new album, just endless "DoScan Skipping dir" entries:

15:36:33.610 T:1937765360 DEBUG: DoScan Skipping dir '/media/EXFAT/Musik/zakrazor/' due to no change
15:36:33.610 T:1937765360 NOTICE: My Music: Scanning for music info using worker thread, operation took 02:38
15:36:33.611 T:1937765360 DEBUG: Process - Finished scan

My Music Source folder is /media/EXFAT/Musik/ and i put the new album directly into it: /media/EXFAT/Musik/Feist-Pleasure/
I also tried to add a new subsolder for the artist's name: /media/EXFAT/Musik/Feist/Pleasure/

When i grep for "Feist", the log shows nothing.

Audio file format is mp3 and Clementine Player on my desktop machine shows the correct meta data.
Kodi is 17.1 running on OSMC on a RPi2

Am i doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help
Kodi doesn't know you've added something new so do a library update.
Did you update your library? Unless you have the "Update Library on startup" setting enabled and have restarted Kodi, you will need to do this manually from the side blade.

Are you sure that /media/EXFAT/Musik/ is added as the media source, and that the new music files went in a subfolder?

Kodi also checks folder size and timestamp before looking deeper, could somehow the source folder not have changed that way triggering Kodi to look?

Finally folder naming - Kodi ignores folders that start with "." taking them as hidden. So were the folder names exactly as you say?

Provide a link to a full log, maybe someone can spot the issue if none of the above helps.
(2017-05-13, 19:08)DaveBlake Wrote: Did you update your library? Unless you have the "Update Library on startup" setting enabled and have restarted Kodi, you will need to do this manually from the side blade.

Are you sure that /media/EXFAT/Musik/ is added as the media source, and that the new music files went in a subfolder?

Kodi also checks folder size and timestamp before looking deeper, could somehow the source folder not have changed that way triggering Kodi to look?

Finally folder naming - Kodi ignores folders that start with "." taking them as hidden. So were the folder names exactly as you say?

Provide a link to a full log, maybe someone can spot the issue if none of the above helps.

1. Yes, several times. I triggered the update process manually and did a few reboots (option to update the library after startup is checked)
2. I'm pretty sure since all my other music is placed there and properly added at the inital scan.
3. I cannot image how that could happen. I just copied the folder containing the mp3s into it.
4. Yes, it's the exact folder name.

Thanks!
Don't know about all those banned add-ons you have installed.

Please read the link for Banned Add-ons in my signature. You are in breach of the Forum Rules.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-05-13, 22:54)Karellen Wrote: Don't know about all those banned add-ons you have installed.

Please read the link for Banned Add-ons in my signature. You are in breach of the Forum Rules.

Oh, sorry, i apologize. I compared the list from the link in your signature and uninstalled everything i've found. The problem still persists.

Here is another log, i hope without banned addon entries: https://paste.ee/p/4gDoH

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi doesn't update my music library0