looking for help setting up mythtv with hdhomerun prime
im trying to setup my hdhomerun prime to work with mythtv so i could watch tv/record and get epg. but i have no idea where to start. i have the hdhomerun working by using the hdhomerun addon and i have live tv enabled and also the mythtv addon enabled
have you run hdhomerun_config on your mythtv server?
i dont even know what a mythtv server is lol
ah ok .. the mythtv pvr requires the mythtv pvr backend.

hdhomerun prime = provides live tv channel tuners
mythtv = pvr unit that provides live and recorded videos utilizijg the tuners in your hdhomerun prime
kodi (w/ pvr addon ) = reads channels, recordings, epg, etc from mythtv

http://mythtv.org to gather more info .. but you need to setup a server to start using the mythtv addon.

mythtv runs on mulitple platforms, I run it on a linux ubuntu platform. There are packages available to simplify the build and deploy, search up on mythbuntu.
im using libreelec on a chromeboc
you need a pvr backend.. so one more device is needed to act as your pvr (mythtv)

so for example my setup includes

- TUNER - hdhomerunprime with a cable card

- PVR - 2008 imac that has been rebuilt with Ubuntu 14 running mythtv

- CLIENTs - kodi running on 3 amazon fire tvs
i do have a windows computer
(2017-05-14, 22:29)THE VEIN Wrote: i do have a windows computer

ok, i don't believe mythtv runs on windows. You could reimage with a linux build..
I'm running a MythTV backend with an OTA HDHomeRun Connect, and several Kodi machines around the house.

You're going to need a dedicated computer running Linux (I'm running Ubuntu Server) to function as your MythTV backend server. It'll need a good amount of free disk space to hold recordings. You'll need to set this server to a static IP in your home network's infrastructure. On the server, you'll have to setup the tuners in your HDHomeRun before it can be used in Kodi. You'll also have to set a pin number—default 0000 is fine, unless you're worried about security in your house. You'll need to set a number of storage folders, each of which needs to have its permissions set so that they're able to be read and written publically—in other words, you don't want anything sensitive on this machine—dedicate it to TV.

If you're in the US, you'll need an EPG subscription. I use Schedules Direct, which costs $25/year. I tried other (i.e., free) methods, but couldn't get any to work. SD plugs in easily to MythTV.

In Kodi, in the MythTV plugin settings, you'll add the IP address of your MythTV backend server, along with the four digit PIN, then enable TV service in Kodi settings.

I will say that setting up a MythTV system is not trivial, and I certainly don't recommend it for networking/Linux novices. However, it can be done, and once set up, is rock-solid. Oh, and don't think that this will work well via wireless networking, 'cause it probably won't.
i dont have a computer with linux for ill look for something else
(2017-05-15, 21:44)GreySkies Wrote: Oh, and don't think that this will work well via wireless networking, 'cause it probably won't.

ditto that!
(2017-05-16, 03:28)THE VEIN Wrote: i dont have a computer with linux for ill look for something else

MediaPortal runs on Windows. I think you'd only need to install the Server portion.
(2017-05-17, 20:56)GreySkies Wrote:
(2017-05-16, 03:28)THE VEIN Wrote: i dont have a computer with linux for ill look for something else

MediaPortal runs on Windows. I think you'd only need to install the Server portion.

I found this to be a pretty decent guide for Ubuntu, should work similarly for libreelec I believe

Edit: Never mind, I somehow read that as you were using Linux

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
looking for help setting up mythtv with hdhomerun prime0