Win Kodi and Windows 10 Creators Update 1703
The Windows 10 Creators Update version 1703 is loading a lot of Microsoft versions of drivers over older manufacturer drivers. From what I have been seeing in the threads, my guess is a good portion of the recent problems is because of this.

In my case, a Microsoft version driver replaced a Renesas driver for my 4-slot USB expansion card. I could watch a movie but it would freeze for a minute or two, and even sometimes shutdown Kodi. At first, I didn't know what was going on. But when it happened on another movie I was watching, I just happened to notice my Rosewill 4-bay expansion drive's lights flash because connectivity was lost. That's when I checked device manager and saw Microsoft had installed an April 2017 USB 3.0 driver over the Renesas 2012 driver. Once I reinstalled the older Renesas driver, everything worked great again.

So, before you all start blaming Kodi for problems following your Windows 10 upgrade, check your drivers. Chances are Microsoft screwed you, not Kodi.
Many thanks for this tip, MS should take a page from Kodi updates and offer notification prior to installation instead of making the assumption their software driver is superior.
I upgraded a Intel compute stick and the 'new' driver caused Kodi to crash on start. Quick trip to Intel for the latest driver and Kodi was happy again

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi and Windows 10 Creators Update 17030