Kodi/Windows10/UltraVNC
Hello, I have a problem with kodi that just appeared for the first time today. I have been running it under the exact same conditions for a very long time.

I have a computer in my living room which I run Kodi on and connects to my 65 inch TV. I have a laptop near to my recliner that I use to log into that Kodi computer. I have been using UltraVNC. It has worked flawlessly for a very long time. However, when I logged in today, I see a message on my laptop from Kodi, talking about how I need to have PVR software. This appears on my laptop screen, while across the room I see the normal Kodi. If I move my mouse around, I can see it controlling the Kodi software just fine on the 65 inch TV. I can access my programs and watch them fine. The only issue is on my laptop, I do not see the screen mirrored, I just see the message about PVR software. Up until today, I have always simply had the screen mirrored on the laptop, so I could look at it here and work kodi.

Since Kodi technically still can run and be controlled, it is more of an inconvenience to me that I cannot see it up close on my laptop to work with the menus and searches.
No updates have been installed on either the computer or the laptop today, not even overnight. No system settings have been changed. It just simply stopped working today, the same way it has worked fine for almost a couple of years.

has anyone experienced something similar? Any suggestions to try and fix this? I quickly looked to see what PVR software even was, and I do not have a tuner card in either computer, so I do not think trying to install an addon for it would help to resolve this.

Thanks in advance for any help

I run WIndows 10 Home on the Laptop, Windows 10 Pro on the Desktop with Kidi, Kodi 17.1 Krypton, and UltraVNC 1_2_05 64bit All windows updates installed and all drivers for components up to date in both computers.
I switched Kodi settings to Windowed mode and that allows my laptop to mirror the Kodi computer again. I am not sure why this had to be done though as it has been working fine in fullscreen for so long before today.
If nothing changed and ruling out some corruption, then all should be the same. I don't have your set-up, so if your question is to be answered, it will likely come form another user with a similiar set-up (might take a while, be patient). My suspicion is some sort of silent MS upgrade is the culprit. Perhaps someone over at http://www.uvnc.com/ might cast a bit of light on this issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi/Windows10/UltraVNC0