v17 DLNA Windows Media Server
Smile 
Good Day.

What i want to do:
DLNA Windows 10 x64 Pro, Kodi 17 Media Server + Xiaomy Me TV 2 (Android 4.4 smart TV with KODI 16 DLNA client)

Questions:
1) Separate Libraries For DLNA. Is It Possible?
I have:
Children's cartoons
Films
Home video
Learning documental videos
Musical videos

I want to chose separate Library for each sort of video.. without sorting by genre. Is it Possible? All DLNA servers I saw makes just VIDEO/PHOTO/MUSIC/Music Videos gradation. Where i can edit it ?

2) Manually Editing of Kodi DLNA Database.
I have some serials and documental video, else home video.. . but information about that video on online sources is quite worse. How can i manually edit a database/create correct nfo file ?
WiMM is useless for serials.. I can't add series/seasons manually.. just a small correction of exist films is possible.
Where is actual nfo file structure description ? Or what is the most useful tool for it's creation?
Does MediaElch Is the best tool ?

3) Run KODI as DLNA service on Windows..
Any actual solution for KODI 17 ? How can I run it automatically as service ?

4) Kodi For Android does not play automatically next movie from DLNA with any preferences. Is It a bug ? Native TV Chinese player make it perfect, but it can't show other media info.

Some useful applications for media library:
a) HandBrake - Universal free converter from DVD/Blue Ray/Any over formats to MKV with h.264/h.265 codecs
b) Filebot - Ultimate video renamer
c) MKVToolNix GUI - Very good tool for cut, merge and edit preferences of MKV files.
Hello Alion,

You are trying to use Kodi in a way that it was not designed for. Kodi is a media player. It is designed to be run on hardware that plugs straight into your TV/Monitor via a HDMI cable.

Answering your questions more specifically...

1. No. This is outside the control of Kodi. This is dictated by the DLNA specification which breaks media up into Audio, Video and Photos. No further breakup is possible
2. No. Kodi taps into this resource that comes with your operating system. Kodi does not provide this resource.
3. Kodi is not designed to be run as a service. Kodi is a Media Player (with extra functionality) designed to be installed onto hardware that is simply plugged into your TV via HDMI. There is other software that can specifically do this, and work well with Kodi as the player.
4. DLNA is not a media player. If you are viewing your DLNA listing on a TV, then your TV is the media player, not Kodi.

Not sure what you are asking by listing the "useful applications"

My only suggestion is that you plug your PC directly into your TV and utilise Kodi as it is designed to be used, rather than forcing something that it was not meant to do.

Others may also add other ideas and suggestions.

Hope that clarifies it a bit for you.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DLNA Windows Media Server0