Win Kodi will close now
Question 
I always get kodi not working will close now, does having Direct X 12 installed have anything to do with that ?
Provide a debug log and we can have a look at what is causing it. Click "Debug Log" in my signature below for instructions.

If you can access the menu system, then use the Easy method.

If it doesn't let you into the menu system because it crashes, then use the Advanced method.

Once you enable Debugging mode, reproduce the problem so you get that "closing" message. Then upload the log to pastebin type site and link back here.

When you upload the log, also explain where that message is happeing. At startup, while watching a movie or listening to music?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I am also getting this error at various times. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Kodi 17.1 a couple of times and it still happens. I currently am running a bare bones version with absolutely no addons (except the Kodi Log file updater addon. What seems to crash Kodi everytime is if I go into system/audio and try to change the GUI sounds. I click on get more and then select the Android TV UI sounds. When I click on it the installation window opens and I then get the notice from Windows that Kodi has stopped working. My log file is https://paste.ubuntu.com/24577836/
I can't see anything amiss there. You got upto the point of uploading the log and it stops there. Which is normal.

Be aware that the Logs are only "Session Logs" The logs are written from Kodi startup to Kodi shutdown (or crash). The next time you start Kodi, the kodi.log is cleared, and you start again. A new Kodi.log is created. The kodi.log that was there is renamed to kodi.old.log and the existing kodi.old.log is deleted. In effect you only ever have two logs available- the current one, and the previous one.

You need to run the debugging mode again and replicate the crash, and upload the log using one of these two methods...
1. If you are going to restart Kodi to use the uploader app, you need to upload kodi.old.log
2. Before restarting, you can manually copy and paste the contents of the kodi.log to a pastebin site

---Edit---
Just realised you are a different member to the original poster.
The above answer applies to @bloop1000 specifically
and also to @holeshot1 as FYI
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Sorry if I confused people by posting into another users question.
For some reason the logging addon is not sending the old file even though I am telling it to. I have manually pasted the old file to https://paste.ubuntu.com/24578073/

Edit
I have just tried adding Yahoo weather to the Weather section Kodi once again terminated as soon as the download/installation started. Seems to be a pattern that this is happening whenever I try to add something to Kodi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi will close now0