how do i fresh start kodi 17.1 krypton
help anybody!!!!
i tried to uninstall and reinstall new kodi 17.1 krypton but i keep get the old build that i want to get rid of.
any suggestions how to do it? i even thought to downgrade to 16.1 just to delete everything then reinstall the 17.1 but could not find it for windows.
Sure, follow these simple steps.

1. Uninstall Kodi using the uninstaller
2. Go to c:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\
3. Look for the directory Kodi and delete it. (this is the step you probably missed, and why you are not getting a clean install)
4. Now you can download and install Kodi from here... https://kodi.tv/download
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
i am sorry i have the same problem but i dont know how to do step 2
2. Go to c:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\
2a. Open Windows Explorer on your computer where Kodi is installed
2b. Find your c:\ drive in the panel on the left side of Windows Explorer and click on it
2c. Now in the main pane of Windows Explorer, click on Users
2d. Now you need to click on the name that you logged in with, which must be the same as the one you used when you installed Kodi
2e. Click AppData
2f. Click Roaming
2g. Highlight Kodi and delete it.

Continue with steps 3 and 4 above.

Does that help?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
It should ;-)

OR:

1. Rightclick Start - then leftclick Run
2. Paste this in the run box: %appdata%
3. find and rename or delete the directory: 'kodi'
4. Start Kodi

You should be in a default install now.
I think that your question is how to reset kodi to factory settings.
You can follow this guide:https://www. [edit] external add-on, web page contains banned material
@MrBeauty 

Alas you are responding to a 2 year old post with a link that contains verboten material in contravention of forums rules as you have agreed to follow when you joined Official:Forum rules (wiki) Please take care to notice the date of posts, it's likely the op of this thread has since solved this issue without resorting to 3rd party add-ons that may contain compromised code.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how do i fresh start kodi 17.1 krypton0