DTS(HD) sound in Kodi 17.*
Hello,

I have bought a new Bqeel X9T Android Smart Box Android 6.0 Box and
after installation of KODI 17.2 I was wondering that there was a DD audio signal but no DTS/DTS-HD sound playing.
Even the receiver does not switch to the modes which means that the signal (hdmi passthrough) is not receiving.

Then, after some tests, I decided to go back to the latest KODI 16 version and there everything was working as expected.
Therefore my question if the problem is maybe with the hardware of the Bqeel X9T Smart Box (not "supported") or maybe a possible bug in KODI ?

Any help would be great, in case of logs required, I have to check how to get them out of the box.

Thanks for assistance and BR!
Sound like you are part of the victime of bad box makers that ship their s912 boxes on shitty amlogic prerelease android 6.0

You may find a solution here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=289735
Moanbag is in da place!
Hi,

well, thanks for the answer. I thought already that this can happen.
Question would be to investigate some time or send it back and buy a box which has no issue.

Is the Beelink GT1 a box you maybe recommend ? I found this in the list of devices for kodi.
Or any other "better" device ?

Thanks
I'd recommend a box with a s905(x) for the cpu. With LibreElec installed, I'm very happy with these boxes.
There you go. this will solve your problem. Thanks to @albertstroh77 Smile
Hi, thanks for your answers. I sent the box back and bought the mxq pro mini.
Normal installation had the problem too, but with Libreelec it's working.

I now have one other "small" issue, but this I think I have to adress in another forum Wink
Anyhow, I will it here: When I shutdown the Receiver and the TV, the MXQ went into sleep mode too and I'm not able to recover.
I want that the box will run the whole time. (I deactivate any screen saver, energy saving,....). Any idea ?

Thanks
Juergen
Sorry, found the issue already! It was related to CEC which was wrong configured. (system - input - cec)!
Working now Smile great! Thanks for the tip!
For the record and everyone reading this and wants to write "me too". All those issues mentioned in this thread are in no way related to kodi. Android does not work cause of Firmware issue with the mentioned hardware, which are partially workarounded in LibreELEC.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS(HD) sound in Kodi 17.*0