Chapter support in video playlist?
Is there any way to play a list of one or more specified chapters from one or more mkv or mp4 files? Examples of where this would be useful would be for those 'rockumentary' dvds where every other chapter is an interview and the next is a performance, or to make a video jukebox that mixes up performances from different shows.
I don't think you can do this exactly as you want. One approach might be to enter the media as a "tv show" and use the episode bookmark facility to create "episodes" which I think you could then use in playlists. Another approach might be to add mkv and/or mp4 extensions to the music library via advancedsettings, then create cuesheets with entries for each chapter (last time I played with this it would start at correct time, but would play through to end of file). A third approach might be to try to use EDL files (never tried and seems pretty cumbersome).

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
I think the missing piece may be support in the player to stop at the end of a chapter. Without that it might not even be possible to do it as an addon prograrm. I'm not interested in splitting the source files into chapters.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chapter support in video playlist?0