Update Kodi via Mac
Okay so I have just been given an android MXQ box after I set up Kodi on my auntie's Amazon firestick and I'm trying to update Kodi to the latest version as well as install some apps, as most of the apps on this box are empty and when I download new ones they don't work (Is this just because it needs updating?? [I hope so!]). But anyway, installing Kodi to my aunties fire stick was a very simple job on my mom's windows PC, I'm now back at home and all I have is a MacBook and an android box, so can someone please explain to me how I do this? Or do I just delete Kodi and re install? The update button doesn't work on the box. Sorry if this has been posted before just I've searched the internet for a few days now and can't find any help at all what so ever.
***** START HERE - Kodi Krypton problems - and common Android FAQ's with Help *****

(2017-05-18, 13:09)wrxtasy Wrote: ***** START HERE - Kodi Krypton problems - and common Android FAQ's with Help *****

I haven't got Krypton? Running v16 possible 15
(2017-05-18, 13:09)wrxtasy Wrote: ***** START HERE - Kodi Krypton problems - and common Android FAQ's with Help *****

Just read through your whole post and it says noting about how to update Kodi... just that it happens automatically... which it hasn't for me...
You must have glanced over this bit:

Q. Where can I download Kodi Krypton 17.0 final for Sideloading (using X-Plore File Manager App) from a USB Stick ?
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm/
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm64-v8a/

arm64-v8a Kodi can only be installed on the 64bit Intel/Android OS = the nVIDIA Shield or the FireTV2.

Kodi will be Autoupdated if you Sideload and USB install any version number greater than the previous one.
This all depends on which Android Firmware you are running in the very first place anyway.

(2017-05-18, 13:41)wrxtasy Wrote: You must have glanced over this bit:

Q. Where can I download Kodi Krypton 17.0 final for Sideloading (using X-Plore File Manager App) from a USB Stick ?
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm/
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm64-v8a/

arm64-v8a Kodi can only be installed on the 64bit Intel/Android OS = the nVIDIA Shield or the FireTV2.

Kodi will be Autoupdated if you Sideload and USB install any version number greater than the previous one.
This all depends on which Android Firmware you are running in the very first place anyway.

It's running android version 4.4.2. No idea how to check if this is the latest one but when I go to update it says 'Update failed check OTA server argent'.

I tried to do what you said but it just says 'There was a problem parsing the package'

I am very new to this so I have absolutely no idea what all of this means, if you could point me in the right direction that would be very much appreciated, cheers.
from the wiki : Kodi v17 requires Android 5.0 or higher
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2017-05-18, 18:38)bry Wrote: from the wiki : Kodi v17 requires Android 5.0 or higher

So how do I update it via usb? Cus internet doesn't work
Update what? Your Android version, which you need to do first. That is not something we can help with. Ask your vendor or Google.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Q. But my Android device is stuck on Android version 4.4.2 what can I do ?
Read This post.
NOTE: There is NO support on these Kodi Android forums for modded forks of Kodi. See the MyGica forums for help.

OR

Install LibreELEC Kodi Krypton to a microSDHC card if you have an AMLogic S8xx/S905(x) device.

@maxswann, that old MXQ very likely has a pretty capable AMLogic S805 chipset in it. Install a LibreELEC Kodi Krypton S805 image to a Samsung EVO, Sandisk or Lexar 300x Class 10 U1 microSDHC card by following this Link

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update Kodi via Mac0