v17 "style," "type," and "mood" info in tags?
Ah ha! Perhaps I can see the source of your confusion, there is a bug.

Prior to v17 album type came solely from scarping (not tags). In v17 it can initially be set from tags, but scraped values always overwrite it regardless of how "Prefer online information" is set.

So scraping is in effect wiping out your album type value.
Thanks for the extensive follow-up DaveBlake. Lots of great info. Good to know about that bug - most of what you said before made sense to me, but I had been wondering why I was getting a 0% success rate in scraping album type!
(2017-06-01, 19:57)DaveBlake Wrote: "Prefer online information" disabled, "Fetch additional info on update" disabled, and then "query info for all" from context menu to scrape and additional data. "Server unavailable" errors my mean you do this many times e.g. last time I tried it took 13 tries to get all the info for 850 albums.
Hm, wouldn't have throught to disable "Fetch additional info on update". Querying all albums now!
(2017-06-01, 21:43)Busta Uppa Wrote: I had been wondering why I was getting a 0% success rate in scraping album type!
Yeap 2 things contribute:
a) in v17 type always getting overwritten with the scaped value even when it is empty
b) Most scraping not returning an album type anyway.

Not sure where we are with v17 releases, if there is going to be a 17.4 I will try and get a fix to that bug in place. It is a trivial thing, but irritating.Undecided

Quote:Hm, wouldn't have throught to disable "Fetch additional info on update". Querying all albums now!
You do not have to disable "Fetch additional info on update", it is just what I would do. As a control freak I prefer to initiate scaping at my convenience. Also it is very likely that the scarper will hit 503 errors because of traffic at the Musicbrainz server, so you are going to have to do "query for all" later anyway to fill the gaps.

I'm looking at scraper improvements for v18, so becoming more aware of current weaknesses. "Fetch additional info on update" delays the population of the library as it scans and scrapes album at a time. I would rather get the library populated from tags as soon as possible, so I can browse, play etc. the new stuff, and then slowly scrape the pretty stuff to go with it. When people moan about scanning being slow it is usually because they are scraping at the same time. Yes they are background tasks so you can still play music, watch movies etc. but you can't see things in the library that aren't there yet.

IMO it also helps to see what library your tagging created before letting the scraper loose on it.
With unexpected, even unprecidented speed a fix to the scraping album type bug has been backported into v17.4 Smile

Not sure when or even if that will be released, but the fix exists. Thanks for bringing the issue to my attention, even if it took a while for me to understand what the issue was.
(2017-06-02, 15:16)DaveBlake Wrote: With unexpected, even unprecidented speed a fix to the scraping album type bug has been backported into v17.4 Smile

Not sure when or even if that will be released, but the fix exists. Thanks for bringing the issue to my attention, even if it took a while for me to understand what the issue was.
Awesome! You're welcome! heh glad I could accidentally contribute to an update Tongue
(2017-05-21, 20:04)Powerhouse Wrote: Here is the fixed version of Last.FM.Plus

https://community.metabrainz.org/t/last-...on/61041/3
Thank you for posting this! I've started using this plugin with Picard, but there's a fairly crippling issue. If a track has multiple artists, then the genre, mood, and style are always tagged as "Unknown." Doesn't matter how popular the track is or if every other track on the album has the same genre/mood/style; if a track has more than one artist, it doesn't properly fill in the LastFM info.

I'm wondering if anyone else using the plugin has been experiencing this behavior? If there could possibly be some issue with my own setup causing this, I would love to fix it. I've been wanting to do a big tagging run on my collection to bring my genres up to snuff, but I'm holding off because the plugin in its current state would leave huge gaps in this task.
I have tagged 18k mp3s in the last few weeks, 460 have genre unknown

There where a lot of songs with 2 and more artist and I think most of them work fine

I would say 90% of the time the plungin works fine Smile
(2017-06-22, 16:03)meowmoo Wrote: I have tagged 18k mp3s in the last few weeks, 460 have genre unknown

There where a lot of songs with 2 and more artist and I think most of them work fine

I would say 90% of the time the plungin works fine Smile
Interesting... do you happen to know the version number of Picard and the plugin you are using?
Latest Picard, I think 1.4.2, not sure And last.FM from github, I think it's been a few month since the last update, i can take a look when im home.
Take a look at the config.INI, you can try to set the genre % lower to get more/better matches

---

€dit from home: its Picard 1.4.2 and v0.15 https://github.com/fdemmer/Picard-Last.f...n/releases
there is a v2.0rc1 since 8 days buti dont see any big changes.

Back to Beer and Steak for now ;P

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"style," "type," and "mood" info in tags?0