Solved Short songs and smart playlist
Hi,

I have created a smart playlist that will only play songs that are not played in the last 6 months. It works perfectly only some songs return in the playlist everytime.
It looks like these are songs that have a duration of 2 minutes or less.

Is there a way so these songs will also be marked as played on the day they are played and won't show up in the smart playlist again for the next 6 months?

Thanks.

JB
Kodi has settings in advancedsettings.xml that you can adjust that determines when a song counts as being played. I prefer any songs that I started playback to count as played so have set as follows:
Code:
<audio>
    <playcountminimumpercent>80</playcountminimumpercent>
    <ignoresecondsatstart>180</ignoresecondsatstart>
    <ignorepercentatend>8</ignorepercentatend>
</audio>

Maybe some variations of these will give you what you want?

EDIT: There is also some explanation here http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_auto..._explained
It relates to video, but similar with music.
(2017-06-16, 19:30)jberinga Wrote: Hi,

I have created a smart playlist that will only play songs that are not played in the last 6 months.

Would you mind sharing what you used for this playlist? I might have outdated knowledge but i thought kodi does not store the date when a song was played.

Edit: scrap that. I read something else into this. Last play back date is indeed stored. I've been dreaming of having winamp's great statistics back (top song from last week, month, year etc) had hopes there might be a way to get this.
(2017-06-19, 01:18)DarkHelmet Wrote: I've been dreaming of having winamp's great statistics back (top song from last week, month, year etc) had hopes there might be a way to get this.
That would need a full play history to be stored. Would you really want to analyse what you played in that way?

Oh and a note to anyone thinking of implementing this in the future, Kodi also needs a means to backup/restore dynamic data like this, otherwise just like song last played date, play count and (user) rating it will get lost if you re-scan the music file.
(2017-06-19, 10:23)DaveBlake Wrote:
(2017-06-19, 01:18)DarkHelmet Wrote: I've been dreaming of having winamp's great statistics back (top song from last week, month, year etc) had hopes there might be a way to get this.
That would need a full play history to be stored. Would you really want to analyse what you played in that way?

Absolutely. Winamp auto generated "charts" for most played tracks in the last week, last month, last year. I loved that.
(2017-06-17, 11:40)DaveBlake Wrote: Kodi has settings in advancedsettings.xml that you can adjust that determines when a song counts as being played. I prefer any songs that I started playback to count as played so have set as follows:
Code:
<audio>
    <playcountminimumpercent>80</playcountminimumpercent>
    <ignoresecondsatstart>180</ignoresecondsatstart>
    <ignorepercentatend>8</ignorepercentatend>
</audio>

Maybe some variations of these will give you what you want?

EDIT: There is also some explanation here http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_auto..._explained
It relates to video, but similar with music.

Thanks DaveBlake! This seems to work perfectly after editing the settings.
(2017-06-20, 12:34)DarkHelmet Wrote:
(2017-06-19, 10:23)DaveBlake Wrote:

Absolutely. Winamp auto generated "charts" for most played tracks in the last week, last month, last year. I loved that.

create a playlist like that
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="songs">
    <name>most played last 2 weeks</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="lastplayed" operator="inthelast">
        <value>2 weeks</value>
    </rule>
    <limit>500</limit>
    <order direction="ascending">playcount</order>
</smartplaylist>

you can change the "2 weeks" to "3 months" or what you wannt Smile

if you get more than 500 tracks you will need to change the order direction or you will miss the Top Tracks

option b would be a last.fm plugin Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Short songs and smart playlist0