Schedule restart of kodi
I would like kodi to restart daily at 5am, to make sure it reloads anything that has changed overnight (eg iptv playlist).

I do not want to restart the computer because there may be other things running on it that I don't want interrupted.

I'm considering making a powershell script and running it as a scheduled task but I'm sure someone must have done this and hoping there is a simpler way.

Is there a simple way to do this?
That's a great idea. I leave Kodi running 24/7 and it invariably crashes eventually. A daily reboot when nobody is home or when everyone's sleeping would be ideal.
Windows 11 Pro, Kodi 20, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32gb RAM, nVidia 3080 ti
(2017-05-20, 03:55)snarfo Wrote: That's a great idea. I leave Kodi running 24/7 and it invariably crashes eventually. A daily reboot when nobody is home or when everyone's sleeping would be ideal.
Worst case, I'll knock up a powershell script for it and post it here. Just waiting to see if anyone can save me a few minutes lol
This powershell script will do it. Absolutely no error-checking etc, but it's a quick and nasty solution. Just call this script from scheduled tasks at whatever time you want it to run.

Code:
$processInstance=Get-Process "kodi"
$processInstance.Kill()
$processInstance.WaitForExit()
Start-Process -FilePath "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\kodi.exe"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Schedule restart of kodi0