Android Open Ports/Services Running on KODI v1.7 Krypton?
Question 
I recently had to return my Matricom G-Box Q² to Matricom for a replacement due to some issues. Prior to that, I had found that, once KODI v 17.1 was launched, these services also started, when I checked using the Fing app on my iPhone.

I had installed Wireshark and run a few captures, but did have the opportunity to learn how to effectively use the filters before I had to ship the box back. I should have the replacement box late Monday afternoon and will check for these services again then. There was one other, 1373 -Chromagrafx, port/service, not shown in this image, that showed up once or twice in Fing as well.

My question... Can I assume that if I do a clean install of KODI v17.1 Krypton, on the replacement box that I receive from Maticom, there should NOT be ANY services running by default? Thank you!

8080 is Kodi's own Webserver Port - I cannot remember if it's enabled by default or not. I don't think it is.

No idea about the rest.
Suggestion would be, when new box arrives - uninstall whatever Kodi is on there and then check Ports/Services.

(2017-05-20, 18:29)wrxtasy Wrote: 8080 is Kodi's own Webserver Port - I cannot remember if it's enabled by default or not. I don't think it is.

No idea about the rest.
Suggestion would be, when new box arrives - uninstall whatever Kodi is on there and then check Ports/Services.

Thanks for the reply.

FWIW, when clicked on that one in Fing, it would open in Safari to a page that had a remote control button. If you clicked the button, a functional browser remote control for KODI opened up. None of the other items were clickable.

I checked out the others using https://www.adminsub.net/tcp-udp-port-finder/, but kept in mind that ports can be can be used for purposes other than those intended.

When I get the new box, I plan to connect it and check for services first, then uninstall KODI and check again before doing a clean install of Kodi and then checking again after installing and rebooting. First before starting Kodi, then again after. I'll come back and report my findings in hope that it will somehow help somebody down the road.

PS

I have a 2006 WRX TR with about 93k miles. What do you have?
Pretty sure 9090 is kodi's eventserver.

8080 is kodi's webserver.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-05-20, 18:49)Screendeep Wrote: PS

I have a 2006 WRX TR with about 93k miles. What do you have?
The classic (and best) 1999 Blue Steel Metallic - WRX STi V5

rplay is some streaming app, from apple if i am not mistaking, and you wrote you checked with your Iphone so my guess is you have some apple services and the 5555 port was opened when you installed those app's or similar.
But better check to make sure
Hope my post made sense early in the morning here so Big Grin
Thank you
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Grampa, are you sure you're okay to drive at night? Grampa: It's night?
Banned add-ons
You do not have to worry about port 5555, it is responsible for ADB debugging.
Just deactivate ADB debugging and you will not see that port anymore.

BTW, you should do a network (port) scan from 'outside' (WAN). Wink
(2017-05-21, 03:14)wrxtasy Wrote: The classic (and best) 1999 Blue Steel Metallic - WRX STi V5

Nice! Mine is WRX Blue and still stock. Not sure if I want to sink any money into it. RIght now, it needs detailing badly!
(2017-05-21, 03:35)kimkl Wrote: rplay is some streaming app, from apple if i am not mistaking, and you wrote you checked with your Iphone so my guess is you have some apple services and the 5555 port was opened when you installed those app's or similar.
But better check to make sure
Hope my post made sense early in the morning here so Big Grin
Thank you

Nothing running on the iPhone related to the G-Box. The Fing app on the iPhone just scans the local network.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Open Ports/Services Running on KODI v1.7 Krypton?0