v17 Where are the playback states saved?
Hello,

I want to synchronize my playback states with symlink and Dropbox.
Can someone tell me if it's possible, and if yes, in which file the playback states (which episode have i already watched, ...) is saved?
If not, is there a other possibility, except Emby?

Thanks guys Wink

EDIT: I use 2x Windows and Krypton 17.1 if this info is necessary.
This will provide some info for you to read up on and decide which method best suits you...

http://kodi.wiki/view/Share_and_sync
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Ok, cool I can work with it, thanks.
They talk often about "watched state". Is this only: I fully watched this episode, or is it also: I watched this episode, but only 10:37min ?
Both plus a third. The watched state can be Unwatched, In Progress and/or Watched.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Perfect. I will try upnp first, if this doesnt fit, i will try the "Watched state updater add-on". And after that I will create a database.

EDIT: thanks Wink
Upnp has problems. Go straight to MySQL IMHO.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
yes, and I even have mySQL working remotely, back to the 'server' at home, to keep my travel devices in sync too.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
UPnP works for me. But sadly not for custom (non-IMDB listed data).
Also my second PC has to be turned on to get the function.

I tried WatchedList with dropbox, but this completely don't work.
Also not for official Series like Better Call Saul.

I think I have to setup database Sad :/ Smile
Fixes the database my problem with non-official-imdb data? (i mean tutorials or university videos for example)
uPnP only works for media in your database.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Yeah I saw that Tongue
But database works for all files?
How it detects that its the same file? File name?

Thanks
(2017-05-22, 07:00)Bmn2016 Wrote: Yeah I saw that Tongue
But database works for all files?
How it detects that its the same file? File name?

Thanks
I don't have any idea at all what you mean?
Okay sorry.

I have a few mp4 videos from my university professor and he named them for example. "Lecture 22.05.2017.mp4".
If I look at this video on my desktop Kodi to 23:00min and then switch to my laptop, the database has then noticed where I was and I can continue at 23:00min?
Which pattern is used to store the status in the database? Is it based on the name of the file?
Yes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where are the playback states saved?0