Delete Files from FireStick
Hi, My Firestick is dead. Pretty sure it is because I overloaded the memory. I have 4 files that I downloaded with Kodi, if I could delete them I think the Firestick might come back to life.
The Firestick does not allow any input to it at all. It says it lost it's internet connection, but I cannot move anything on the screen with the remote. Multiple restarts, same thing.

I have installed adbLink and connected the Firestick to it via USB. I see the files I want to delete, but when I select one of them and hit delete, it asks me if I'm sure, I hit yes, and the screen blinks, but the file remains there.

I was able to delete other random files throughout the system, Thumbnail files and such. But the big files are each over 1 Gb and I cannot delete them.

Any ideas why? I had ES Explorer (I think that's the name) running on the Firestick, but because it's frozen, I cannot open it to use it to delete files.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Hef
Have you tried using the Amazon Fire TV Remote App for your mobile phone?
I did, but in order to pair the app, you must acknowledge the 4 digit pin displayed on the screen. Firestick is Locked up, only displaying the same screen, Network Settings. The Pin does not display on the screen.

I know that ADBLink can restore from an old saved build or image. Is there a way to download an image that is saved for a Firestick, then Restore to that image? I would lose everything obviously, but the Firestick would be usable.
Update ** I'm back up.
First, I was able to delete the entire Download Directory from Kodi /SDCard - This removed the large files freeing up the memory.

Then I found a simple explanation of how to pair my remote, (how it got UnPaired I do not know). But after pairing (holding down the Home Key for 10 seconds, then letting it sit for a few minutes, it worked. I was able to access the Network Settings screen, configure the network, then everything came back.

Thanks
Hef

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Delete Files from FireStick0