Solved Disable "the" when organizing videos.
Hello everyone,

I know that their used to be a way to disable/ignore the word "The" when organizing videos but I cant seem to find it now that I went from somewhere between Frodo and Helix to now Krypton. Was this feature removed? Below is and example of what I mean. Ive looked around and haven't found an answer.

How it lists videos now:
Eureka
The Big Bang Theory
Warehouse 13

How I would like it to list:
The Big Bang Theory
Eureka
Warehouse 13

Thank you,
Ernie.
Yes, the option is still there. Go to...

Settings>Media Settings>General. In there you will see "Ignore Articles when Sorting". Enable it.

You can also modify which articles are ignored by using advancedsettings.xml http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings#sorttokens

Hope that helps.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hello Karellen,

Thank you for the response. I have that turned on but it still doesn't organize it ignoring "The". Could it be because im using smart playlists?
possibly. try going to regular tv show library and see if it's different
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2017-05-21, 10:30)Ernie11 Wrote: Hello Karellen,

Thank you for the response. I have that turned on but it still doesn't organize it ignoring "The". Could it be because im using smart playlists?
I use smart playlists for everything, and 'The', 'A' etc are ignored when sorting the library (ie it works as expected). That's up as far as krypton at least.
Hello,

It was working for me too when I was using the previous version. What I have done is modify the "Includes_Home" file to activate my playlists. For movies, tv shows, and anime (added by me) it pulls a smart playlist like i have below. The one below is for Tv Shows.

<onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,"special://profile/playlists/video/Tv Shows.xsp",return)</onclick>

Then the smart playlist has this inside:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="tvshows">
<name>Tv Shows</name>
<match>one</match>
<rule field="path" operator="contains">
<value>E:\TV Shows\</value>
</rule>
</smartplaylist>

Do I have something wrong?
I have
Quote:<order direction="ascending">sorttitle</order>
in mine (that behave themselves).
Don't know if that's your issue but it looks like it's in the right area.
Hello trogggy,

Sorry ive been away for some time. I have tried your fix and it works! Thank you so much for the help.

Now to keep tinkering!
Thread marked solved.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for rounding off the thread. Glad it worked.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disable "the" when organizing videos.0