OS X 2 instances of Kodi on mac
Hi guys, i think it would be awesome to be able to run 2 instances of kodi on mac, so you can watch 2 at the same time. I've managed to do this with kodi 17 and 18 and run on different monitors with different sound outputs, but would like to be able to just open 2 instances of the same build, and load 2 dirrerent profiles, 1 for living Room and one for bedroom. Hope this makes sense!

Thanks! :-)
How do you get one movie to go to the lounge room, and one movie to the bedroom in your existing setup?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I installed kodi 17, then installed kodi 18 and renamed it kodi2. Then I setup 2 profiles on kodi, using master for kodi 1 with audio and display set to living Room tv, then the other profile was set to bedroom tv and audio. Then I created an AppleScript to open them both up and log into each profile to make it easier to control, then I setup 2 different remote logins for each profile so can control them separately at the same time.
That's pretty interesting. How about hardware and cabling. You have two graphics cards, and long runs of HDMI cabling? Are you able to play, say, 2 x bluray quality movies at the same time?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I run 1 vga to tv from mini mac to living Room tv and a 20m hdmi cable to upstairs tv. All I'm doing is splitting the screen on OS X, so can play anything to the quality of cable that's installed

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2 instances of Kodi on mac0