Add Main Menu item
I've recently updated from Kodi v16 to Kodi v17.1 and the confluence skin on a Amazon Firestick. In the skin settings the Movies and TV Shows items are greyed out, they were present in the previous version,. I want to add them back in, how do I do that? Everything I've tried to date has failed either due to the instructions being just plain wrong, obsolete or various options non-existent in the version I'm using. I have no clue about Kodi, skins, the terminology used in the posts I've seen, the underlying file system or anything remotely connected to this app on a Firestick, I'm VERY new to this so explicit instructions are not just helpful, but necessary for me. I'm extremely frustrated with this. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
One possible reason is that you have not added anything to your Movies or TV Shows library.

Have you scraped all your videos? See here... http://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_videos_to_the_library
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
What? Scraped? What's that?

I used to have a "Movies" menu item on Kodi v16.x, no idea how it got there or why it went away on the update (which took me all day to figure out how to do), I used to have several shortcuts to various addons under it. The link you provided may as well be written in Greek, no clue what it's saying. Like I said, I do not understand the terminology.
(2017-05-22, 02:53)chartierpw Wrote: What? Scraped? What's that?

I used to have a "Movies" menu item on Kodi v16.x, no idea how it got there or why it went away on the update (which took me all day to figure out how to do), I used to have several shortcuts to various addons under it. The link you provided may as well be written in Greek, no clue what it's saying. Like I said, I do not understand the terminology.

Try adding media sources (wiki), it's a little more specific and has screenshots that might be more helpful.
Kodi Matrix on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
Hello @MetalChris,

Just concerned that without the OP reading the first link I provided, he may just blindly follow Chapter 1 and set his source on e:\ or f:\ or whatever, and not realise the requirement for which directory level to actually set as the source.

Hopefully he will understand this post and do a bit more reading Smile
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi, I want to add a new main menu item (Concerts) as an addition to the Movies item. I have successfully added the source, I just need a new clickable "button" on the Main Menu. I managed this in Aeon Nox, but not in Confluence...

Any help is greatly appreciated  Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add Main Menu item0