pi 3 better then pi 1?
My pi 1 is a bit slow. I'm wondering how much better pi 3 is running kodi.

example with a loooooong watchlist, loading the watchlist can take a minute or so. Is that any better using a pi 3?
Yes there is a HUGE performance improvement. It's a no brainer to upgrade.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Night and day. IIRC the cpu is about 10x as quick.
thank.
added to wishlist
Yes the Pi 3 is better than a Pi 1 model B. However if you are prepared to work on it a Pi 1 can be made to be pretty decent.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
With a few exceptions, they play the same content and the quality of the output is the same.

As mentioned, the GUI with the Pi3 is far better.
Another improvement made on the Pi3 is the fact it has integrated WiFi/BT onboard thus i don't need a separate WiFi/BT dongle using up one or two of the USB ports Big Grin
I'm a XBMC novice :)
Note, that the internal WiFi isn´t as good as one might assume.
(2017-05-24, 11:44)DaVu Wrote: Note, that the internal WiFi isn´t as good as one might assume.
That may be the case but i've not had issues and my router is in another room (through three plaster walls and around 12 meters away).
Admittedly i don't stream, mainly make connection to a time server at startup to get clock set correctly otherwise resuming playback of some movie from a 1970 clock doesn't work so well Tongue
I've also got a plastic case, not a metal Kodi case which may impede the wifi signal somewhat.
Previously my Pi2 didn't play so well with usb wifi & bt so i occassionally had time issues and remote dropouts, occassionally Blush
Horser for courses i guessNod
I'm a XBMC novice :)
I have a Pi3 and am using the built in WiFi. It works fine from the other side of the house for streaming youtube and SD/480p/720p video files. Haven't tried 1080p or better.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pi 3 better then pi 1?0