Splash Question
I'm new to kodi but figured the basics pretty quick. My sis in law and bf asked me to update their kodi on firestick. I fired up kodi and after messing seeing what add-ons they had, I found that it was updated to 17.1 on that date (I had it in my possession for a week before using the firestick and opening kodi).

Did kodi do an auto update?

The splash screen shows a captain America winter soldier pic. They told me that's been up there since having kodi loaded. To me that's confusing because I think the update should include the Krypton splash screen. What's the deal with the splash screen? How can I change it to the krypton screen?

Thanks
From the splash screen it sounds like they may be running a third party "build" of Kodi that most likely includes Banned addons (wiki) that we don't support.

You'll have to ask your sister in law what they meant by "update it". Whoever installed it put v17.1 on from what you're saying as Kodi on Fire devices does not auto-update.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
@Dangelus I noticed there are a lot of add-ons. What is considered banned and what isn't supported by kodi?
Thanks
I've editing my post, you now click on the Banned addons (wiki) link to a non-exhaustive list but we don't provide support piracy add-ons whatsoever regardless if they have made the list or not.

If you're not sure then use the common sense approach. If the add-on is providing you with content you would normally expect to pay for or content you know they don't have the rights to give you then chances are it is pirated.

Review the Forum rules (wiki) and Piracy policy (wiki) for the forum if in doubt about what can and cannot be discussed here.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
To add, we also do not support 3rd party "builds" regardless of the add-ons installed since we have no idea what has been done to those builds.

Your best course of action is to uninstall what ever build is installed and install the official version from our download page.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Splash Question0