NBCSN issue [split from PS Vue thread]
(2017-05-22, 14:49)Dangelus Wrote:
(2017-05-22, 14:39)markeymark Wrote:
(2017-05-22, 14:28)Dangelus Wrote: No discussion around circumventing geo-restrictions please. Not allowed on the forum.

ok, so its ok to discuss getting a paid subscription stream for freeHuh sounds like double standards to me

Try actually reading the thread.

try reading my reply! this forum actively promotes piracy, so dont get all high and mighty
(2017-05-22, 14:52)markeymark Wrote:
(2017-05-22, 14:49)Dangelus Wrote:
(2017-05-22, 14:39)markeymark Wrote: ok, so its ok to discuss getting a paid subscription stream for freeHuh sounds like double standards to me

Try actually reading the thread.

try reading my reply! this forum actively promotes piracy, so dont get all high and mighty

Slightly difficult to read a reply posted AFTER my comment. Nevertheless...

We do not promote piracy here, what exactly are you referring to please?

And let's keep it civilised.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
(2017-05-22, 14:57)Dangelus Wrote:
(2017-05-22, 14:52)markeymark Wrote:
(2017-05-22, 14:49)Dangelus Wrote: Try actually reading the thread.

Slightly difficult to read a reply posted AFTER my comment. Nevertheless...

We do not promote piracy here, what exactly are you referring to please?

And let's keep it civilised.

its cool, if you dont know then thats fine, not opening a can of worms as it would mean the add on not being updated

and every reposnse i make has been civil, just pointing out there are flaws
@markeymark

I would suggest that if you wish to see development progress it is in your best interest to inform the developer of what you are referring to.

As to civilised discussion, I was referring to accusing the forum of "actively promoting piracy". Without providing evidence for your accusation this can be construed as nonconstructive trollish behaviour which we do not tolerate. If you have a genuine concern then please create a discussion thread in the Kodi discussions sub-forum.
(2017-05-22, 15:07)Dangelus Wrote: @markeymark

I would suggest that if you wish to see development progress it is in your best interest to inform the developer of what you are referring to.

As to civilised discussion, I was referring to accusing the forum of "actively promoting piracy". Without providing evidence for your accusation this can be construed as nonconstructive trollish behaviour which we do not tolerate. If you have a genuine concern then please create a discussion thread in the Kodi discussions sub-forum.

ok heres the evidence, NBCSN add on, how come I can watch Golf Channel, which i believe is a paid for service? For nothing

now explain to me that that is not promoting piracy
OK I've spilt this conversation off so as to not get lost in the PS Vue conversation.

We will investigate this but can assure you that if this is the case then it is not intentional.

Thanks for the feedback.
(2017-05-22, 15:20)Dangelus Wrote: OK I've spilt this conversation off so as to not get lost in the PS Vue conversation.

We will investigate this but can assure you that if this is the case then it is not intentional.

Thanks for the feedback.

your welcome, glad i could help
Isn't The Golf Channel free to watch if you have subscription with one of the US tv companies? http://www.golfchannel.com/
(2017-05-22, 15:23)komplex Wrote: Isn't The Golf Channel free to watch if you have subscription with one of the US tv companies? http://www.golfchannel.com/

not technically free if you need a subscritionHuh
(2017-05-22, 16:04)markeymark Wrote: not technically free if you need a subscritionHuh

Ok maybe i worded that wrong and should have said there is no extra cost to you if you have a subscription to various tv companies in the US. I still don't see how it's piracy as the NBCSN add on only provides content if you have a valid subscription
I think what markeymark is saying is that somehow this channel is available to watch without entering subscription information into the add-on which, if this is the case and that channel is not freely available, is not intended or condoned. The developer of the add-on is looking into it.
(2017-05-22, 16:34)Dangelus Wrote: I think what markeymark is saying is that somehow this channel is available to watch without entering subscription information into the add-on which, if this is the case and that channel is not freely available, is not intended or condoned. The developer of the add-on is looking into it.

yes thats exactly what i meant
(2017-05-22, 15:23)komplex Wrote: Isn't The Golf Channel free to watch if you have subscription with one of the US tv companies? http://www.golfchannel.com/

The Golf Channel is free. No subscription required.
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Redbox | NEWSnet | NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
(2017-05-22, 17:51)MetalChris Wrote: The Golf Channel is free. No subscription required.

http://www.golfchannel.com/live-stream-faqs
Quote:What is the cost to live stream?
There is no additional cost to access the Golf Channel live stream. It’s an added value to your regular TV subscription through participating tevelsion providers.
(2017-05-22, 18:09)komplex Wrote:
(2017-05-22, 17:51)MetalChris Wrote: The Golf Channel is free. No subscription required.

http://www.golfchannel.com/live-stream-faqs
Quote:What is the cost to live stream?
There is no additional cost to access the Golf Channel live stream. It’s an added value to your regular TV subscription through participating tevelsion providers.

I stand corrected.

Weird that it works in my browser without asking for authentication.
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Redbox | NEWSnet | NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NBCSN issue [split from PS Vue thread]0