Android TV
I have a 24" Cello Android TV and when I click on the Kodi app, it says Your device isn't compatible with this version. If it helps, the Android version is 4.4.4
you don't have Android TV. You have TV with android, and very ancient one. Try sideloading jarvis apk on that and hope that it will work.
(2017-05-23, 11:39)kinggo Wrote: you don't have Android TV. You have TV with android, and very ancient one. Try sideloading jarvis apk on that and hope that it will work.

I've tried that but it says I need an SD card. I suppose I have to buy one.
It says on the box. though Android Smart TV. Is there a difference what u said. I thought it would be the same?
There a big difference.

AndroidTV by Google is a version of the Android OS specifically designed by them to work with TV's and be operated easily with a remote and the apps must be adapted to be remote friendly. What you have is a regular version of Android as is also found on phones/tablets etc, so apart from the manufacturer designed launcher interface, it can be more difficult to use the apps with a remote as they won't be adapted for remote usage.
Android TV is platform tailored for TV's and STBs and lloks and feels different than regular android. Also, apps need to be certified for it to end up in a playstore. Which is not the same one you see on your phone.
HINT this thread has tips on what Kodi versions / forks to install for older Android systems:

***** START HERE - Kodi Krypton problems - and common Android FAQ's with Help *****

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android TV0