v16 Brightness Contrast Adjust not working
Apologies if I am posting in the wrong forum and if this topic is already covered.
My searches brought up similiar issues with no solutions.

I am using Kodi Jarvis 16.1 on a Android "TV Box".
The brightness and contrast controls are available during playback, but they do not make any changes.
No matter which way the slider is adjusted, the brightness or contrast does not actually adjust.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Me too. Sad

Philips PUS7181/12 android tv.
CPU: ARMv7 revision 5 (v71).
Hardware: MT5890
GPU: Mali-T624

KODI Krypton version 17.6.

Adjusting the brightness and contrast sliders does not make a difference.

An old thread I know but didn't want to duplicate. But surprised to see no solutions posted here.

Can anyone help us?

Thanks in advance. Smile
Disable Mediacodec (Surface). With it enabled we have no influence on what gets on the display.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2018-04-29, 17:27)fritsch Wrote: Disable Mediacodec (Surface). With it enabled we have no influence on what gets on the display.

Thank you very much for your reply. Smile I will try it next time I use Kodi.
(2018-04-29, 17:27)fritsch Wrote: Disable Mediacodec (Surface). With it enabled we have no influence on what gets on the display.

Awesome, that worked. Thanks again @fritsch Smile
(2019-01-27, 20:42)Cal777 Wrote: With the hardware acceleration on, the picture is nice and crisp, but it is too dark.  The Kodi brightness/contrast controls can be moved, but don't change anything.
With the hardware acceleration off, the picture looks way too soft(SD like), but the Kodi brightness/contrast controls work.
Same results with Estuary and Aeon Nox Silvo skins. 
My system is an i5 Windows 7 computer running Kodi 18 RC5.  I have different sources on the HTPC that look great, so adjusting brightness/contrast settings on TV will screw up the other sources.

Why do the Kodi brightness/contrast settings not work, when the hardware acceleration is enabled?

Hello there,

First of all, thanks to the Kodi Team for this software.

However, I have the same problem on an Android TV box, powered by an Amlogic S905X CPU and a Mali-450 GPU.

Before this new 18 version, I was able to adjust brightness and contrast on Kodi 17 (on many files, expected on high-definition movies however... but on many files nevertheless).

Now, with Kodi 18, as written above (comment from topic "No brightness or contrast adjustments with hardware acceleration"), leaving the hardware acceleration enabled no longer allows to make these changes. And disabling it allows to recover these possibilities... but it is impossible to play the videos because performance is far too poor...

To conclude, this is really a huge problem. And I hope the Kodi Team would be able to fix this (that worked on v17).

Many thanks.

Best regards,
Hi There!

(Mi Box 3 )CPU: Quad-Core Cortex-A53 2.0 GHz
GPU: Mali-450 / 750 MHz
RAM: 2 GB DDR3

Same story. Brightness, and contrast adjustment is not available if I playing back 4K HDR content. If I switch off the "hardware acceleration" to get access to adjustment screen brightness than HDR mode is gone. Looks like screen adjustment is only in FHD mode.
Actually that would be a BIG DEAL and feature in KODI if there would be capability to setting brightness, contrast, hue, saturatio, sharpness etc.
(2019-03-18, 21:41)mashopsky Wrote: Hi There!

(Mi Box 3 )CPU: Quad-Core Cortex-A53 2.0 GHz
GPU: Mali-450 / 750 MHz
RAM: 2 GB DDR3

Same story. Brightness, and contrast adjustment is not available if I playing back 4K HDR content. If I switch off the "hardware acceleration" to get access to adjustment screen brightness than HDR mode is gone. Looks like screen adjustment is only in FHD mode.
Actually that would be a BIG DEAL and feature in KODI if there would be capability to setting brightness, contrast, hue, saturatio, sharpness etc.

I too have searched and cannot find brightness and contrast in the video settings for a playing video file.  I have these settings on my other LE/Kodi boxes running Kodi 17.3 and 17.6; but how I have a Raspberry Pi 4b 4gb box which came with NOOBS which set up LibreElec 9.1 and Kodi 18.4.  It seems that a lot changed (my harmony remote key sequences are all wrong for this version of Kodi) and I miss being able to tweak video settings for each video as I  watch it.  

I wonder if I can downgrade my kodi version to 17.6 to stay compatible with my remote settings, and regain my video settings?

Would that older version play on the RPi4?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Brightness Contrast Adjust not working0