How do I install Kodi 16 instead of Kodi 17
Hello!
I am currently working on a project for that I use Kodi but I have addons that do only work on Kodi 16 and not on Kodi 17. Is there a way to install kodi 16 on Raspbian OS instead of the up-to-date 17.1?
I already tried adding the "pipplware" repository and then use the command "apt-cache showpkg kodi" and then "sudo apt-get install kodi=2:16.1-3~jessie" but I cannot install it because of depencie problems. I also tried different versions of Kodi 16 and even Kodi 15 without success. I was not able to find any packages of Kodi 16 on the web I can install on my pi.
I would be very glad if you could help me with my issue!

Zurafta
You need to downgrade Kodi and maybe some dependencies. You will have to downgrade to the same verison at least kodi and kodi-bin packages.
(2017-05-23, 16:56)rascas Wrote: You need to downgrade Kodi and maybe some dependencies. You will have to downgrade to the same verison at least kodi and kodi-bin packages.

The thing is that I installed clean installed raspbian again so at the moment there is no Kodi installed on the card. Do I have to install Kodi 17 first and if yes, how exactly can I downgrade it?

Zurafta
If you want Kodi 16.X, you don't need to install any other version, just that one. But, on Raspbian there is Kodi 15.2 and 17.1, no Kodi 16. So if you want Kodi 16.X add pipplware's repo, and install that specific version, and than put the packages on hold, for them not being updated with the rest of the system. You can easily find how to do that in google with apt.
(2017-05-23, 20:38)rascas Wrote: If you want Kodi 16.X, you don't need to install any other version, just that one. But, on Raspbian there is Kodi 15.2 and 17.1, no Kodi 16. So if you want Kodi 16.X add pipplware's repo, and install that specific version, and than put the packages on hold, for them not being updated with the rest of the system. You can easily find how to do that in google with apt.

As stated in the first post, this is exactly what i tried. This is the result when entering the commands ( I removed the dependencies in the first command so the post is not too long):
Code:
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ apt-cache showpkg kodi
Package: kodi
Versions:
2:17.1-1~jessie (/var/lib/apt/lists/pipplware.pplware.pt_pipplware_dists_jessie_main_binary_Packages) (/var/lib/apt/lists/archive.raspberrypi.org_debian_dists_jessie_main_binary-armhf_Packages)
Description Language:
                 File: /var/lib/apt/lists/pipplware.pplware.pt_pipplware_dists_jessie_main_binary_Packages
                  MD5: fd753605ae3b56a9eedd3bf514d6688b

2:17.1~git20170312.1611-b2013fd-dirty-2~jessie (/var/lib/apt/lists/pipplware.pplware.pt_pipplware_dists_jessie_main_binary_Packages)
Description Language:
                 File: /var/lib/apt/lists/pipplware.pplware.pt_pipplware_dists_jessie_main_binary_Packages

2:17.0-1~jessie (/var/lib/apt/lists/pipplware.pplware.pt_pipplware_dists_jessie_main_binary_Packages)
Description Language:

2:16.1-3~jessie (/var/lib/apt/lists/pipplware.pplware.pt_pipplware_dists_jessie_main_binary_Packages)
Description Language:
                  MD5: 0e7e4c0691603796de3f6b71e9bd4d9d

2:16.1-2~jessie (/var/lib/apt/lists/pipplware.pplware.pt_pipplware_dists_jessie_main_binary_Packages)
Description Language:

2:16.0-4~jessie (/var/lib/apt/lists/pipplware.pplware.pt_pipplware_dists_jessie_main_binary_Packages)
Description Language:

2:16.0-3~jessie (/var/lib/apt/lists/pipplware.pplware.pt_pipplware_dists_jessie_main_binary_Packages)
Description Language:

2:16.0-2~jessie (/var/lib/apt/lists/pipplware.pplware.pt_pipplware_dists_jessie_main_binary_Packages)
Description Language:

2:15.2-3~jessie (/var/lib/apt/lists/pipplware.pplware.pt_pipplware_dists_jessie_main_binary_Packages)
Description Language:
                  MD5: fe8a5d04c10ac9c610a143988630b0e5

Reverse Depends:
  xbmc,kodi
  xbmc,kodi
  xbmc,kodi
  xbmc,kodi
  xbmc,kodi
Dependencies:
I deleted them so that the post is not too long!
Provides:
2:17.1-1~jessie - xbmc-standalone xbmc-data xbmc kodi-standalone kodi-skin-estuary kodi-data
2:17.1~git20170312.1611-b2013fd-dirty-2~jessie - xbmc-standalone xbmc-data xbmc kodi-standalone kodi-skin-estuary kodi-data
2:17.0-1~jessie - xbmc-standalone xbmc-data xbmc kodi-standalone kodi-skin-estuary kodi-data
2:16.1-3~jessie - xbmc-standalone xbmc-skin-confluence xbmc-data xbmc kodi-standalone kodi-skin-confluence kodi-data
2:16.1-2~jessie - xbmc-standalone xbmc-skin-confluence xbmc-data xbmc kodi-standalone kodi-skin-confluence kodi-data
2:16.0-4~jessie - xbmc-standalone xbmc-skin-confluence xbmc-data xbmc kodi-standalone kodi-skin-confluence kodi-data
2:16.0-3~jessie - xbmc-standalone xbmc-skin-confluence xbmc-data xbmc kodi-standalone kodi-skin-confluence kodi-data
2:16.0-2~jessie - xbmc-standalone xbmc-skin-confluence xbmc-data xbmc kodi-standalone kodi-skin-confluence kodi-data
2:15.2-3~jessie -
Reverse Provides:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo apt-get install kodi=2:16.1-3~jessie
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
kodi : Depends: kodi-bin (< 2:16.1-2~jessie.1~) but 2:17.1-1~jessie is to be installed
        Recommends: libvdpau1 but it is not going to be installed
        Recommends: libva-intel-vaapi-driver but it is not installable
        Recommends: samba-common-bin but it is not going to be installed
        Recommends: upower but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Zurafta
Like explained, if you are downgrading (or not installing the latest version) you need to at least select the versions you want for kodi and kodi-bin packages:
Code:
apt-get install kodi=2:16.1-3~jessie kodi-bin=2:16.1-2~jessie

If you use any binary addons, like PVRs, on install, you will need to select the corresponding version also.

To prevent them from being upgraded:
Code:
apt-mark hold kodi-bin kodi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I install Kodi 16 instead of Kodi 170