Multiple Kodi clients
Hi

I'm running TvH (with DVB-S2 tuner) and Kodi on same Odroid C2 - my HTPC.
From time to time I'd like to connect to this TvH from remote PC (with Kodi, too) or Android.
Almost always Kodi stall on channel loading this repeating error in log-file:
Code:
20:42:39.664 T:140187531212544   ERROR: SQL: [TV29.db] Abort due to constraint violation
                                            Query: INSERT INTO channels (iUniqueId, bIsRadio, bIsHidden, bIsUserSetIcon, bIsUserSetName, bIsLocked, sIconPath, sChannelName, bIsVirtual, bEPGEnabled, sEPGScraper, iLastWatched, iClientId, idEpg) VALUES (625487317, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 'http://xxx:[email protected]:9981/imagecache/1887', 'ZZZZZ', 0, 1, 'client', 0, 2025648334, -1)
20:42:39.664 T:140187531212544   ERROR: CommitInsertQueries - failed to execute queries

Workaround I found is to "Clear database" on each client's start (in client's configuration). So, it means each time I switch to different client (PC, Smartphone or even back on HTPC) I need to Clear its DB.
Is there any solution to access TvH from multiple Kodi without he need to Clear DB each time ?

BR
Janusz
There must be something odd about your databases. I have several (5+) Kodi clients all connecting fine to a single TVH instance. Are you sharing your TV/Epg Kodi databases? Some other caches being shared between instances?
No, no sharing at all.
EPG from SAT only (TvH).
And you're using current versions of Kodi, Tvheadend and the HTSP PVR client? Current stable versions are 17.1, 4.2.2 and 3.4.24, respectively.

Do you have users setup in Tvheadend with proper privileges for HTSP, viewing and DVR capabilities? And the same users properly entered into the HTSP PVR client settings?

Although, looking at the (incredibly insufficient) snippet of the log you posted, I would say this looks more like a database version/permissions related error.
Kodi 17.1
TVH 4.1.2520
Client 3.4.17 (PC); LibreELEC Tvh-addon v8.1.111 (HTPC), SmartPhone (3.4.19) - all of these are up tu date according to their corresponding repositories (no updates available to version you mention).
It's not the first Kodi version I remember such issue.
It always stops loading on particular program. I can disable it are restart client - then sometimes another program makes issue or client finally starts without the need to Clear DB.
That's the problem with LibreELEC and its ilk: they don't provide an easy way to update major components until they release a major update.

The 4.1 branch of TVH is now out-of-date and has been superseded by 4.2. There will be no new updates to 4.1 as development on that branch has stopped: it is now the 4.2 stable series.

Are your Kodi clients sharing DBs? That's the only thing that might make sense. Perhaps a full debug log might help, too.
(2017-05-24, 00:18)rpcameron Wrote: That's the problem with LibreELEC and its ilk: they don't provide an easy way to update major components until they release a major update.

The 4.1 branch of TVH is now out-of-date and has been superseded by 4.2. There will be no new updates to 4.1 as development on that branch has stopped: it is now the 4.2 stable series.

Are your Kodi clients sharing DBs? That's the only thing that might make sense. Perhaps a full debug log might help, too.

While true, that shouldn't be the reason. I'm using TVH alongside LE (thus 4.1) and it's faultless, shared amongst multiple clients. For many it's the easier way to get TVH and Kodi running on a single box, myself included. I'm not sure if there's a guide for installing TVH and Kodi (set top box experience) as simply as installing LE and downloading the TVH addon.
Kodi clients do not share DBs.
Please, find full log here:
https://pastebin.com/nnpTnWnA
(2017-05-25, 21:32)t2ffn Wrote:
(2017-05-24, 00:18)rpcameron Wrote: That's the problem with LibreELEC and its ilk: they don't provide an easy way to update major components until they release a major update.

While true, that shouldn't be the reason. I'm using TVH alongside LE (thus 4.1) and it's faultless, shared amongst multiple clients. For many it's the easier way to get TVH and Kodi running on a single box, myself included. I'm not sure if there's a guide for installing TVH and Kodi (set top box experience) as simply as installing LE and downloading the TVH addon.

The point is that 4.1 is now abandoned, and the current version of Tvheadend from that series is 4.2.2. However, because LE is not a proper OS, the only way to get the current and stable release of Tvheadend is to wait for LE to release a full update, as it is quite a frustrating experience trying to manually update (or add) components to LE because of the missing applications and libraries that are normally present on a full OS.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple Kodi clients0