Full screen causes Kodi to vanish
Log: https://paste.ubuntu.com/24640455

When I toggle the backslash button to make Kodi fullscreen, Kodi disappears. If a video is playing, the audio remains. Kodi also crashes from time to time in an unpredictable manner.

This behavior started from my first install of Kodi three years ago. I figured it was a bug which would be repaired. Well, now I'm on 17.2 and the problem has just gotten worse and more frequent.

Today, after using the Kodi Backup addon, I uninstalled Kodi with Revo Pro, then did a clean install, restoring with Backup. Towards the end of the restore, Kodi crashed. I restarted it and ran restore again.

The problem remains (among others for other threads).

Any ideas? Thanks!
Not without a lot more details about your setup and a debug log.
Hello Pisomojado

Yes a few errors in there. Could you resubmit the log, but this time Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging. I am assuming you can still navigate the GUI. If you can't, then click on Debug Log in my signature and use the Advanced method.

Also, do not edit the log file.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thank you, Karellen, for your reply. I'm currently working on a completely clean installation, since I can't find others having my problem and I have multiple problems. If the bug persists, I'll follow your logging instructions. If it doesn't, I'll update this thread accordingly.

Also, you deleted my post here, saying it was a double posting violation:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=314911

However, it was regarding a separate bug. This thread is about the fullscreen issue, whereas that one is about the Backup addon. They are also separate log files. So I'm not sure how I violated policy... I will use pastebin next time. Didn't know about that.
Yes, I deleted for two reasons,

1. Posting debug log directly into the thread and not pastebin
2. It is most likely all your errors are related. So if we can get to the root cause of all those problems, then we don't need to have numerous separate posts around the forum.

There was no mention of "fullscreen issue" in first post. Just "crashes in unpredictable manner"... one of those manners being during a backup. This does not necessarily mean the Backup Addon is suspect.

Once you submit the proper (and not redacted) log file, we can get a clearer picture of the problem.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Full screen causes Kodi to vanish0