kodi 17 installed but will not launch in ubuntu
The 17.1 debs should still be in your apt cache directory /var/cache/apt/archives - copy them somewhere safe like your home directory. You will need kodi and kod-bin deb files at least.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-05-24, 02:43)nickr Wrote: The 17.1 debs should still be in your apt cache directory /var/cache/apt/archives - copy them somewhere safe like your home directory. You will need kodi and kod-bin deb files at least.

Hi Nickr, I looked in that location and found 17.2, but no trace of 17.1 as far as I can see.
Any help with this or any thing else, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
I get the same error on Ubuntu 14.04 following an upgrade to Kodi 17.2. Judging by the posts on this thread, it seems that this is a common problem:

Quote:terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::regex_error'
what(): regex_error
Aborted (core dumped)
find: `/home/user/.gvfs': Permission denied
find: `/home/user/.cache/dconf': Permission denied
Crash report available at /home/user/kodi_crashlog-20170524_054331.log

Lots of VDPAU related errors in /home/user/kodi_crashlog-20170524_054331.log such as:

Quote:ERROR: (VDPAU) Error: The display was pre-empted, or a fatal error occurred.(2) at /build/kodi-xevDLK/kodi-17.1~git20170320.2031-final/xbmc/cores/VideoPlayer/DVDCodecs/Video/VDPAU.cpp:1041

Ultimately I can no longer use Kodi as a result of this problem.
For all with problem 17.2. I suggest you to open another POST and not write here. This POST was born with a specific issue that is not 17.2 upgrade.
Many thanks
I would like to report my last post to " nickr" and " DaVu", that was help me.
Thanks

the same

lino@lino ~ $ kodi
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::regex_error'
what(): regex_error
Aborted (core dumped)

I wanted to say that after the cmd 'apt-cache policy kodi | pastebinit' give by DaVu the system gives this " Bad API request, invalid api_dev_key "
Been using kodi for months no problem. Now when I try to open it it opens a tab in the system tray for a few seconds then quits. I am using Linux mint 17.2 kde. Here's the crash log: https://pastebin.com/7R5hC3N5
Hello blacklodgebob,

We need a Debug Log, not the Crash Log. Instructions in my signature. Use the Advanced method. Ensure Debugging is Enabled.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thread Kodi suddenly will not launch after months of okay use by @blacklodgebob merged
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I have this problem and a debug log is not even being created.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
For now happens on outdated linux distribution with outdated gcc - never the less - we are looking into it.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Another related thread here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=314920
Known. Only happens with g++ 4.8 on years old systems / c++11 incapable compilers. We will workaround.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-05-24, 17:38)fritsch Wrote: Known. Only happens with g++ 4.8 on years old systems / c++11 incapable compilers. We will workaround.

Hi Fritsch, so you are saying that if I take a chance and update my one system with Ubuntu 16.04, the update will work, right?

I have two systems runnning Ubuntu 14.04 and both of them have the same error as you have said.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks,
Yes. Make sure you install the 16.04 packages from the ppa. Take care: such an OS upgrade might introduce new nonrelated issues.

We will workaround it and release 17.3 asap, so probably not worth the hazzle for now.
fritsch, thank you very much for hard work.
I promise I will migrate base OS to something newer by the time version 18 appears Smile
Too bad you don't have own Kodi distro any more, like it was Kodibuntu before.But I guess it was too much of a work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi 17 installed but will not launch in ubuntu0