Next key, don't works fine
Hi everyvody

Recently I updated my "old" XMBC to a Kody 17.0 with Aeon MQ

I noticed that the NEXT key, doesn't work how it worked before.

When I press the next in the MCR remote (also throuh "M" and next icon), always go to the next file, don't recognize the chapters inside a movie or a TV Show.

For example, movie with 20 chapters inside. Before, all works fine, when I pressed next, go to next chapter (1, 2, 3....) but now, with the Kody 17 goes to next file....

I don't know if the problem is in Kodi or in the skin

Any idea?

Thank you very much
I know nothing of MCR remotes, but the Kodi action you want is "ChapterOrBigStepForward". On a keyboard and some remotes it is the "up" key. Don't know what the "next" key in your remote maps to in Kodi keymaps. It appears your current keymap has it assigned to "SkipNext" action.

scott s.
Thank you Scott,

With the up key, same result, next file. The chapters are ok because in mi "old" xbmc, worked fine.

Any idea of how to change the keymap to reasing the next key?

I think in all the xmbc that i installed, i hadn't to do nothing but it was long time ago, :-)
I guess it depends on if your remote is sending "keypresses" that kodi receives from the Os, or some sort of remote code that has to be interpreted by an appropriate program. But in general, there is a keymap editor addon available, or you can edit the files with a text editor directly following the keymap (wiki) guidance. Turning on debug level logging, then using your remote will show what keys Kodi thinks are pressed and, what action Kodi is performing, and posting kodi.log to pastebin.com and providing a link here can be helpful.

scott s.
Hi Scott

I think that the problem isn't the remote. Now I'm trying with a keyboard and the result is the same.

When I'm watching a movie, pressing "M" appears the menu, and pressing the "NEXT" icon, goes to next file instead next chapter......so the problem is another, not the remote.

To make more test.....Which key is used to "Next chapter"?

Thank you
Have you tried Up on the keyboard (not the remote)?
(2017-05-27, 13:52)jjd-uk Wrote: Have you tried Up on the keyboard (not the remote)?

Yes, now I'm working with a keyboard, and the result is the same.....not next chapter...it works like next file.......
Well the Up key on a keyboard should definitely work with an unmodified keyboard.xml file, since it doesn't for you a debug log_file (wiki) is required to see what's going on.
(2017-05-27, 13:57)jjd-uk Wrote: Well the Up key on a keyboard should definitely work with an unmodified keyboard.xml file, since it doesn't for you a debug log_file (wiki) is required to see what's going on.

Ok, with up key, works fineBlushBlushBlushBlush

So....Magically...now works all fine. The remote and a multimedia keyboard.

I don't know why, but only pressing up once during a movie, all solved HuhHuhHuh

Thank you for the ideas, it works and is enough for me Rofl
Up is mapped to "ChapterOrBigStepForward" so if you did want to change your next key to do the same you could try remapping it using http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:MCERemote
(2017-05-27, 15:33)jjd-uk Wrote: Up is mapped to "ChapterOrBigStepForward" so if you did want to change your next key to do the same you could try remapping it using http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:MCERemote

Thank you

After press one iome "UP" and go next chapter, all works fine, mce remote and keyboard.

Thanks all for your support

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Next key, don't works fine0