Win kodi 17.2 won´t install on win 10 creator update
i have downloaded the 32 bit installer (twice).

when i start the installer nothing happens on my win 10 creator update system where i have kodi 17.1 installed already (on my other system, win 10 build 1607, the same download starts fine).

i doubleclick on the exe.. nothing.

the event viewer shows this:

Bei der Aktivierung der App „Microsoft.Windows.Apprep.ChxApp_cw5n1h2txyewy!App“ ist folgender Fehler aufgetreten: Der Remoteprozeduraufruf ist fehlgeschlagen.. Weitere Informationen finden Sie im Protokoll „Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Betriebsbereit“.

Fehlerbucket 133478370476, Typ 5
Ereignisname: MoAppCrash
Antwort: Nicht verfügbar
CAB-Datei-ID: 0

Problemsignatur:
P1: Microsoft.Windows.Apprep.ChxApp_1000.15063.0.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
P2: praid:App
P3: 10.0.15063.0
P4: 58ccbe5f
P5: EdgeManager.dll
P6: 11.0.15063.0
P7: 58a670ce
P8: c0000005
P9: 000000000000983d
P10:

Angefügte Dateien:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER2F7D.tmp.dmp
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER2FDB.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER3004.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER3015.tmp.txt

Diese Dateien befinden sich möglicherweise hier:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Microsoft.Window_8277cd48a8fb16fbea3af35045fd70d0b8a610ae_790b9742_027935e5

Analysesymbol:
Es wird erneut nach einer Lösung gesucht: 0
Berichts-ID: 26765fca-3ec8-4a4d-b3b1-7d84eaf53164
Berichtstatus: 268435456
Bucket mit Hash: c8a3f50d05d7ec90e2f6d93a85ed5cda

and:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: CHXSmartScreen.exe, Version: 10.0.15063.0, Zeitstempel: 0x58ccbe5f
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: EdgeManager.dll, Version: 11.0.15063.0, Zeitstempel: 0x58a670ce
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x000000000000983d
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x240
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d2d4d14be730ea
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.AppRep.ChxApp_cw5n1h2txyewy\CHXSmartScreen.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\EdgeManager.dll
Berichtskennung: bfaed21d-6254-4e70-a66e-8feae63a7335
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: Microsoft.Windows.Apprep.ChxApp_1000.15063.0.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist: App

both event viewer entrys are directly related to doubleclicking on the kodi installer.
Hi Gothmoth,

We are an English forum. Could you please translate those error reports.

Sure, some are pretty obvious, others I don't have a clue.

Thanks
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
my english is not good enough.

all i could do is put int into a google translator.

maybe this helps:

whenever i doubleclick on the kodi-17.2-Krypton.exe these two events are created.
Good enough. Thanks Smile
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Have you made sure old kodi is completely gone from windows if you are doing a fresh install

Sent from my SM-G935F
by the way, the kodi 17.1 installer starts just fine on that system.
(2017-05-24, 23:18)ianw22873 Wrote: Have you made sure old kodi is completely gone from windows if you are doing a fresh install

Sent from my SM-G935F (typie typie)

i don´t want to do a fresh install and setup everything again.... i want to do an update.
and the kodi 17.1 installer starts just fine... but the 17.2 installer.. not a peep, nothing except these event viewer entrys.
Thanks Gothmoth,

I am sure the developers will take interest in your logs.

My advise is to continue using v17.1. In case you have not kept up with the forum, there have been some issues with v17.2 and the developers are working on an immediate release of v17.3

This should happen in the next 24 hours if all goes according to plan.
My Signature
ok thanks will have an eye on new updates. Smile
ok i think i found the issue.

the windows 10 creator update has new options for "smart" security checks.

when i disable the first option the installer works (in the screenshot i have disabled all option but the first one is the culprit).

but i guess there is still something that should be fixed.
as disabling this can not be the typical behavior. it seems like kodi 17.2 is recognized by microsoft as malicious software.

and as i wrote the kodi 17.1 installer works with those options enabled.
Oh, right. I haven't updated yet.

I haven't update yet, so I will certainly watch out for that.

Thankyou for sharing so I and other members can benefit. Smile
My Signature
The windows smartscreen hasn't seen that executable often enough. The builds from our site are not signed with a key trusted by Microsoft
Just to be clear: you can set it to the middle option and it will ask you when you try to install something they haven't verified.
(2017-05-25, 18:39)Kib Wrote: Just to be clear: you can set it to the middle option and it will ask you when you try to install something they haven't verified.

yeah i thought so too.... but unfortunately that did not work.
it´s by default set to the middle option (to warn the user).

i don´t know if this is only broken in my system.. or if it is a common issue.
but i had it set to the middle option and i did not get any warning, no popup window... nothing. the kodi installer just was not executed.
so i had to set it to disabled.

also why an error message in the event viewer about an application error?
i guess that´s not normal even when an installer is found that is not signed

ps: another user reported today the same issue, here in this forum.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=314997
It also happens sometimes with the nightlies. It is just a false positive, feel free to report that to Microsoft.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi 17.2 won´t install on win 10 creator update1