Solved Laggy Kodi GUI
Hello

Suddenly the other day, the Kodi GUI began to be a bit laggy when "browsing" around. I think it began after the latest Windows 10 update, because nothing else has been changed/installed.
Before this update browsing around was smooth and nice as usual.
There is nothing wrong with Video playback, that's still the same as before.

Anyone who knows if some settings got changed in Win10 that maybe did this?

Can't figure out what.

Any help appreciated.
I will post a log if needed.

Thanks
HTPC specs: AMD A8-6600K Quadcore 3.9-4.2GHz | GeForce GT1030 
Gigabyte FM2+ GA-F2A78M-D3H | Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 8GB | Win10 Pro x64 | Kodi 19.0 Matrix | Samsung Q60R | WD My Cloud 4TB NAS.
Yes, please post a debug log. Instruction link in my signature.

Don't forget to Enable debugging, restart Kodi, then replicate the problem.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hello
Here is the log
https://pastebin.com/bfVgcTqT

I noticed that my tv is changing the refresh rate when I start Kodi (the screen flicker for a second or two and displays the 1080p info banner), usually I think this happens when I start or stop a video in Kodi. Now the video start and stops immediately without the tv doing the flicker thing and waiting to start to after the delay for refresh rate (2 seconds).
I looked at those settings and nothing seems to be changed in there, I think.

Hope the log can lead to a solution.¨¨Thanks
Gigabyte FM2+ GA-F2A78M-D3H | Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 8GB | Win10 Pro x64 | Kodi 19.0 Matrix | Samsung Q60R | WD My Cloud 4TB NAS.
HomersDK...

Try the following.

1. Ensure you have the latest drivers for your Radeon HD8570D
2. Your Desktop Resolution is 1920x1080 32Bit at 60Hz. Kodi is trying to maintain a Resolution of [email protected], then drops it down to [email protected]. Change your Radeon graphic settings to match one of those two.
Also consider what format video you watch the most. I mostly have @25fps material, so my graphics is set to @25Hz. This minimizes that annoying pause while the TV changes its setting. Of course this does still happen when I watch a movie at @23.976fps.

Let us know how that works for you.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Yes, thank you very much.
I changed the refresh rate under the screen settings from 60Hz to 59Hz and now the Kodi GUI is smooth again :-)

Have a nice weekend.

Regards
Homer

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Laggy Kodi GUI0