Executing action from another window
Is this possible to run for a button an onclick action that affects another dialog, something like. Window(movies).Container(55).SetNextView?

To put things in context - I wonder whether I can put menu for changing current view in a dialog, or rather I need to fake the dialog
I don't think there is such a thing as a "movies" window, but I think what you have to do is create an invisible button on your videos window (MyVideoNav) that has an "onclick" that does what you want, then on your dialog have a button with "onclick" of SendClick(videos,id) where id is the id you assign to your invisible button, then maybe also "onclick" of Dialog.Close().

But I could be wrong on this, maybe a more experienced skinner can advise.

scott s.
What scott967 said might work, but its way easier to just fake the dialog.

In Eminence 2 I used a dialog to change views. But that has a preview window on one side with screenshots of each viewtype, when you select a view the dialog is closed and then changes the view (so the focus is already back at the main window). You can see how I did it here:
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.emi...w_1110.xml
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Thanks.
To my suprise just Container.NextViewMode works (from dialog displayed with ActivateWindow form MyVideoNav).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Executing action from another window0