v17 player codec info shown but doesn't want to
Hello.

I'm sorry for my english ^^ I'm a french user.

In order to be as clear as possible i have done a screenshot.
when I play a film on my laptop i have no problem, but when I connect my laptop on my TV and duplicate the screen I have this when I close the screen on the keyboard:

watch gallery

when i have installed kodi this screen doesn't shown.
so how can I disable this ?

thank you for your help Smile
That picture is showing the On Screen Display for media playback.

You need to press the letter o on your keyboard to toggle it off. A list of keyboard commands is here... http://kodi.wiki/view/Keyboard_control

If you have a remote control, one of the buttons on the remote control will toggle it off.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
when i press o it disapear but not totally.
i have this permanently
watch gallery

and when i close the screen again it appears again

and for the remote control i use my android phone. could it be my phone who does this ?
Yes that is the progress bar. That should auto disappear in a few seconds. If not, you can hit the Esc key on the keyboard and it will disappear. There should be an equivalent button on your remote control
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
when i press esc on this state i bring me back to the main menu and if i wait a few seconds it doens't disappear

and the problem it's i want to close the screen of my laptop. so normally i can't press any button of the keyboard

it works perfectly since i have a windows 10 notifications of the calendar. i have open the screen to close the notification and since this moment i have the player codec info that always shown when i close the screen
(2017-05-25, 02:48)louwok Wrote: it works perfectly since i have a windows 10 notifications of the calendar. i have open the screen to close the notification and since this moment i have the player codec info that always shown when i close the screen

I am not sure if you are saying it is the action of opening or closing the screen or if it is the keystrokes you use to dismiss the calendar notification. It is possible that the keystroke you use to dismiss the notification is the same keystroke to call up the Progress Bar. Maybe you can spot that in the Keyboard Shortcuts link I gave you.

Can you disable Calendar Notifications?

Sorry, but it is not a Kodi related issue. Hopefully another member might come up with a solution for you.
My Signature
before the calendar notification i was able to open close the screen without any problem

when i have this calendar notification i have open my screen, use the touchpad to go to the notification and i close the notification. and after this i have close my screen in order to see my film and at this time i have the player codec info that shown each time i close the screen

EDIT:
i have seen a thing, when i close the screen it's like i press O on the keyboard. And when i open the screen it's like i press I on the keyboard. It's clearly not a kodi problem but i don't know why it does this only on kodi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
player codec info shown but doesn't want to0